Director, Risk Management Accountant 8/10/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY I am seeking a well-qualified Director, Risk Management Accountant for my client who is one of the largest life reinsurance companies in the world. They are a leader in the global life reinsurance industry with approximately $3 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $50.4 billion.
This position is a succession planning role with a 12-18 month timeline for transition into a Senior Director position. In addation to a competitive starting salary my client is offering an exceptional benefits package as well as a srong relocation package.
The Director, Risk Management Accountant works with GFS Risk Management and Corporate Finance teams to process, monitor and report upon company's internal control over financial reporting to ensure GFS financial reinsurance results are appropriately reported and to provide current quarter estimates that are in compliance with treaty terms and actuarial principles. Reporting responsibilities also exist with external clients to provide accounting guidance and assistance in applying treaty provisions to highly complex, customized transactions.
* Leads the local enterprise risk management framework (dual reporting roles)
* Understand and perform the administration of assigned highly sophisticated financial reinsurance treaties reflecting unique treaty structures for a variety of insurance products in multiple jurisdictions.
* Develop individual audit files to test treaty provisions for cash intent prior to execution.
* Understand and reflect the financial consequences of highly complex, individually tailored treaty provisions and how they apply to the monitoring of existing treaties as part of a product specific risk framework.
* Understand and aggregate the variances between expected results (pricing, plan, best estimates) and actual treaty results.
* Assess processes and strategies in place to mitigate risk and identify new ways to further enhance the business's risk mitigation and improve the overall risk-return profile.
* Monitor cash settlement process including timeliness of receipt per treaty terms, tracking of data, and disbursements for retrocessionaires and brokers.
* Provide support to the London Market / Pool fee business by reviewing broker documents, calculating fee income, administering settlements, and summarizing monthly transaction history.
* Participate in special projects, committees, and meetings as required.