Director SCRA Compliance 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR SCRA COMPLIANCE OFFICER
DEPARTMENT: Consumer Compliance
REPORTS TO: SVP Compliance Testing and Monitoring
The Director SCRA Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring day-to-day operations are conducted in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and the company's policies and procedures by conducting ongoing testing of the business operations and procedures. Performs risk assessments on assigned businesses and reports identified risks.
* Ensures that the day-to-day operations of the company are conducted in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements as well as with internal policies and procedures.
* Serves as liaison between Compliance and the business on identifying and addressing SCRA concerns as changes are made to business processes or new initiatives are undertaken.
* Leads the monitoring of business activities for SCRA issues, which may include, but not limited to, reviewing and advising on policies and procedures and conducting risk assessments.
* Helps resolve issues and mitigate SCRA risks to the company by monitoring action plans and measuring improvement.
* Works with business on enhancing or implementing controls to address deficiencies and implementing corrective actions related to SCRA.
* Participates in working groups and committees.
* Provides SCRA advisory services and subject matter expertise to the company.
* Participates in risk assessments and preparing periodic reports that measure the SCRA risks across the company.
* Assists in responding to requests from regulators and addressing exceptions from audits and regulatory exams.
* Develops team members by providing feedback on strength and growth areas, providing an environment that supports learning and development, and regularly discussing progress towards goals with direct reports.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
* Eight (8) to ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience working in legal, compliance, audit or other governance functions within a large commercial and/or investment bank or in a regulatory agency, with working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking and/or capital markets products.
* Three (3) to five (5) years of previous management experience.
* Excellent understanding of financial services regulatory requirements and current regulatory developments related to subject matter.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize several projects at a time
* Ability to perform reviews and analysis both independently and within a team setting
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
* Masterful competence of MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality, while working closely and building trust with senior management.
* Ability to request and/or collect relevant information, identify potential exposures/gaps, summarize conclusions, construct recommendations, present recommendations, collaborate and evaluate control results.
* Provides leadership and specialist knowledge to Examiner, Managers, and others on Compliance matters.
* Proven ability to build network quickly, influence others, and effectively address audiences of all levels.
* Ability to travel to multiple facilities as dictated by business needs
* Auto finance or other related highly regulated industry experience preferred.