Director, Sales & Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMeggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
This position is based in a suburb of Portland, Oregon, at a Meggitt- OECO which is a custom-engineering design business focused on power generation and power conversion products used primarily in the aerospace, military land vehicle, missile, and energy sectors.
The Director of Sales & Marketing will plans and execute all business unit sales, marketing, policy deployment, customer service and strategic plans targeted toward existing and new markets. Seek out new sales and growth opportunities for the company to drive top line and backlog growth. Ensure short and long-term sales forecasts are executed in accordance with company strategic objectives and manage and directs all disciplines within Sales and Marketing Department. Responsibilities will include the planning, development and implementation of all marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, external and internal. Emphasis in voice of the customer in terms of quality, cost, on-time delivery, and new product needs. Owns, and drives resolution of, customer service issues across the many functions in the OECO site, managing customer expectations while concurrently achieving optimal outcome for Meggitt.
* Develops and implements strategic marketing plans, sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate growth and revenue objectives for products and services.
* Manages and directs staff including recruitment, selection and development to achieve company goals and objectives
* Develops and recommends product pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
* Stays current with market intelligence enabling optimal adjustments to be made to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
* Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
* Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
* Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
* Directs/oversees the build of business cases by the sales department to support bids and pursuits; personally builds cases and negotiates the largest and most complex deals
* Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
* Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales, marketing, and customer service initiatives.
* Leads sales and service associates; defines aligned goals/objectives, measures performance against KPIs, and directs career and compensation progression
* Consistently mentors and coaches development of sales department employees with an ongoing focus to upgrade or topgrade skills
* Represents Company at trade association meetings and conventions to promote product.
* Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
* Coordinates between sales department and other business unit departments.
* Owns the bid and proposal process execution for the business, and facilitates timely and well structured bid approvals to secure authorization to proceed from corporate
* Engages heavily with corporate in-house counsel to agree on path forward for accepting Ts/Cs of customers; particular focus on US Government sales in this regard
* Prepares regular sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
* Utilizes Salesforce.com to reviews and analyze sales performance against programs, quotes and plans to determine/manage effectiveness.
* 50% - 75% Customer related travel, domestic and international.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: BS/BA Degree in technical discipline or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation.
Years Experience: 10 years of relevant experience.
* Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
* Effective ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with leadership, co-management, internal and external customers.
* Extensive Customer facing experience a must; prior experience in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Account Management, and / or Supply Chain Management (preferably in the Aerospace & Defense industry).
* Experience in, and ability to decipher contracts, regulations, and procedures; previous experience with contract administration and negotiations of complex large deals required.
* Extensive experience generating sales within the Defense Department channels, either direct to the DoD or to prime contractors.
* Knowledge of FAA, FAR, DFAR, (Federal Aviation Administration / Federal Acquisition Regulation / Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation) required.
* Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of Customer organization; extremely eager and proactive in responding to customer needs.
* Ability to create a focused, results oriented team environment; foster growth and change within the organization.
* Proven track record of successful sales growth.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools, familiarity with Salesforce.com as CRM system.
* A high level of demonstrated business acumen to support business case development and analysis, pricing analysis, etc…
* Demonstrated ability to execute sales leadership efficiently and managing customer expectations in terms of responsiveness, while concurrently remaining aligned with corporate process and policy at all times
* Well developed personnel management skills with demonstrated ability to manage performance issues and in general develop a high performance team.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.