Director, Sales Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWhat you ll be doing
Tableau makes fast analytics and visualization products that help people see and understand data of any size or format. The company is on its way to becoming a large, market-defining company in the business intelligence industry and is next in a long line of high profile Stanford spinouts (e.g., Google, Yahoo, VMWare). Customers of all sizes use our products, from Fortune 500 companies, to video game designers, to scientists in the jungles of Central America, to high school principals. Our software is for anyone with data and questions! Additionally, Tableau s web products are used by bloggers, journalists, and major media webs sites to share data online as interactive visualizations. Check out our products at: http://www.tableausoftware.com/products/tour.
As part of the Regional Sales Operations team, you will be the representative of the region you support ensuring sales efficiency and enablement. You will be responsible for supporting sales strategy and performance and will be closely aligned with the region s leadership.
Some of the things you ll be doing include
* Chief of Staff to Senior Vice President, Sales - Americas Provide recommendations and take actions based on strategic objectives, forecast, or performance metrics, attend regional staff meetings, and act as proxy when Regional leadership is out of the office.
* Support the Regional Leadership team and be able to keep a pulse on organizational issues for the Senior Vice President.
* Administer, manage and report on revenue forecasting using Tableau methodology and automation/forecasting tools; drive adoption of forecasting tools and dashboards within respective regions
* Drive standards of performance and specific actions that drive sales activities at the territory level that is consistent with predefined success criteria for the sales organization; track and report on these activities on a periodic basis
* Review the weekly forecast and metric reports and provide analysis for Regional Sales Management and recommendations for action
* Partner with Regional Sales Management on business planning and strategy for their respective sales areas
* Assist in all facets of regional sales planning, inclusive of regular updates to quotas, headcount and sales plan.
* Train the regional leadership team and regional sales team on new sales techniques, process changes, and tool changes working closely with the Sales Readiness team.
* Assist with the communication of important information to the regional sales team during staff meetings, over the phone, and in person.
* Be integral to the change management process ensuring adoption of new processes and tools through performance measures.
* Be available to help with operational and non-sales related issues to enable the efficiency of the sales force.
* Develop first class collaboration with all functions to ensure the smooth running and support of the Americas Sales Organization
Who you are *LI-NK1
* Experienced. 6+ years experience in Sales Operations, preferably in a software sales environment. You have superior analytical skills, program management experience.
* Entrepreneurial. You ve worked with start-ups and emerging organizations. You understand how to build and grow a successful business.
* Technically Savvy. You are an Excel Wizard and you know all about using Salesforce CRM.
* Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
* A True Team Player. You're a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player.
* Sales Minded. You have expertise with all phases of the sales and business development lifecycle. (Prior direct sales experience also a plus!)
* Results & Process-oriented. You leverage a well-defined, repeatable process and are all about results.
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Data Consent: Tableau Software Inc. and its other subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively called Tableau) is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal sensitive information you provide us with. By submitting your CV, you are explicitly agreeing to any personal information that you have supplied being used by Tableau in the pursuit of recruiting activities. This information will be held in accordance with the relevant Data Protection Privacy laws and regulations relevant to your country of residence. You further agree that Tableau may retain this information for a reasonable period of time. As Tableau is a global company, your information may be transferred and available internationally, including in countries that do not have privacy laws.