Director Sales - Retail Vertical 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Zebra is a $4 billion global leader respected for innovation and reliability, and offers an extensive range of asset tracking technologies incorporating mobile computing, data capture, barcode, wireless LAN, RFID, locationsystems. Zebra's tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams businesses need in order to simplify operations, know more about their business, and empower their mobile workforce.
The Director Sales reports to the VP North America Retail & Hospitality and will manage a sales team in the southern U.S. providing advanced solutions to numerous retail and hospitality accounts. Zebra offers cutting edge solutions, products and services designed to help retailers provide a seamless customer interaction and help create a competitive advantage through: Big Data, Brand Delivery, Delivery & Fulfillment, Loyalty, and Store Mobility. This position develops area strategy and leadership plan and is responsible for all hiring, training quota allocation/disbursement, annual reviews and mentoring of team members. This position generates revenue and profit margin for assigned accounts and territories.
* ACCOUNT PENETRATION & DEVELOPMENT: Conducts daily/weekly call campaigns that result in 5 to 10 face to face sales calls/appointments a week. Must be able to articulate other ways to creatively identify prospects within the accounts (demand generation methodologies).
* PLANNING: Needs to be a great planner and have a plan, work the plan, re-evaluate the plan on an on-going basis and revise it as necessary.
* IDENTIFIES HIGH POTENTIAL SALES OPPORTUNITIES (with channel partners and Territory VP) and prioritizes them.
* QUALIFYING & ANALYSIS: Leads and develops account strategy using customer's growth plans, budget and project timelines.
* PROPOSING controlling costs while increasing growth and profitability; supporting customers; and expanding into new markets and territories.
* Develop solutions that build on existing technologies to fit the customer need.
* Aggressively leverage Zebra's position as an industry leader, and its portfolio of large accounts, to expand RTLS more broadly into various market segments such as industrial manufacturing, retail, healthcare, etc..
* Leverage solutions developed for specific customers and verticals to penetrate new markets and accounts, e.g. modify government products for commercial use. Provide customers with integrated solutions to locate, track, and manage their material, equipment, and personnel.
* Expand channel distribution to complement direct sales and leverage the existing Zebra Partner program.
* Lead, manage, motivate and coach a high performing team. Ensure that proper staffing resources are identified, recruited, and trained appropriately.
* The ideal candidate possesses an undergraduate or graduatedegree.
* 5+ years of progressively broader management experience in technical environments focused on sales, product development and strategy. This should include enterprise wide software and/or hardware solutions in the Retail marketplace.
* PROFIT AND LOSS FOCUS: able to understand the impact on the bottom line of all the business actions and activities. Take action on opportunities with a clear understanding of how to grow the business profitably.
* TEAM WORK: Must be able to work in a virtual team setting to coordinate the appropriate resources to meet varying customer requirements. This will include technical architect resources, service sales personnel, order management and product management.
* ESCALATION: Must be able to elevate customer issues quickly and effectively within the various support channels of the company, to include service, product management, order processing and senior management.
* ACCOUNT PLANNING: Experience utilizing account planning tools such as: Salesforce.com.
* LARGE ACCOUNT SALES: Demonstrated successful track record selling to large accounts either established or prospecting for large new business or opportunities. Previous experience calling on and selling into CXO levels of large corporation is mandatory.
* Possess a fundamental understanding of solution selling.
* Adept at forecasting, budgeting, complicated deal structure and financial negotiations
* CHANNEL COLLABORATION: Incumbent must have a proven/referencable track record of successfully managing and maintaining relationships with channel partners.
* Must be able to manage account activity with multiple partners.
* RESOURCE UTILIZATION: Able to articulate his/her experience managing multiple resources such as: inside sales, channels, TA's, professional services etc.
* Successful track record of increasing responsibility combined with building and operating a profitable enterprise. Ideally, the candidate has operated within a matrix/shared services environment and understands how best to leverage those resources.
* Networking experience and selling through resellers a plus.
* Prior experience in relationship selling is required, especially with Partners and Channels.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
* Entrepreneurial mindset, experienced with previously identified industries and market segments that are compatible with Zebra and its products.
* Must be well versed and experienced in working within a complex, fast paced environment within the industry.
* A results-oriented self-starter who is looking to make an immediate impact on the business.
* Must possess a collaborative and interactive style when working with the functional organizations.
* A self-starter who is committed to timely execution of deliverables and is able to ramp up quickly.
* Possesses strong business development, analytical, quantitative, problem solving, technical and communication skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.