Director, Sales Training & Development 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
The Director of Sales Training & Development is accountable for the development, implementation, and active management of training strategies, plans and processes to support Purdue's organizational goals.
The Director is responsible for all training programs involving customer facing roles within the Sales and Managed Markets organizations. This includes management development, new hire training, advanced and recurrent training, as well as additional development programs such as District/Regional Field Trainers and emerging leaders.
This position plays a key role in the design, development and implementation of all sales force effectiveness training programs that directly support the strategic and operational objectives of the Commercial organization.
Incumbent will collaborate with various internal and external business partners to establish learning and development processes that include comprehensive and continual assessment of stakeholder needs (learning tools & resources/program/technology/metrics).
* Develop and maintain a highly relevant, goal oriented Strategic Training Plan
* Effectively collaborate with executive and senior stakeholders to ensure full alignment
* Identify, lead in design and deliver impactful sales training that improves the competency level of the organization.
* Establish formal training and certification requirements (program) for Sales Training Team.
* Institute a training continuum for all customer facing roles, measure effectiveness and continuously improve.
* Deliver effective training results during POA and other strategic commercial meetings
* Responsible for improving the competency level via training of all customer facing roles in Sales and Managed Markets.
* Continuously seek and support new approaches, practices and processes to improve the efficiency and efficacy of training services offered.
* Adheres to adult learning principles and sound training design.
* Enable effective delivery of training in HQ and at local level.
* Establish processes that enable timely and actionable performance feedback of trainees.
* Manage and develop all members of the Sales Training Team
* Leads and participates in highly visible cross-functional initiatives
* Builds trust and credibility with Business Partners through regular interaction and is evidenced by feedback and proven working partnerships.
* Minimum of 15% field time
* Product expertise for all promoted products
* Is Proficient and certified in selling and coaching models used throughout the commercial organization.
* Effective budget management and resource utilization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
* At least 5years of Management experience.
* At least 3 years Leading a Learning and Development function.
* Minimum of 7-10 years sales training experience within the healthcare professional sales/medical devices industry, with 2-5 years of experience as a training manager.
* Strategic, creative and proactive leader
* Demonstration of sustained high performance in current position and a strong aptitude for training.
* Firm understanding of business strategy, with ability to thrive as a strategic partner in a matrix
* Experience in delivering training and development solutions within a fast-paced, commercially driven, cross functional environment.
* Ability to asses and anticipate the needs of key stakeholders and others.
* Change agent with demonstrated ability to influence and build alignment.
* Demonstrated strong collaboration skills at all levels of an organization
* MBA/MS degree.
* 3+ years Sales Management experience.
* Experience in the education field.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
* Confident decision making skills.
* Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed.
* Demonstrated leadership and track record of developing others.
* Strong presentation skills.
* Strong verbal, lisTening, written communications skills.
* Demonstrates outstanding product and disease state knowledge.
JOB TITLES DIRECTLY SUPERVISED
* Director, Field Mgmt Development, Assoc. Director Classroom Training, Assoc. Director Managed Markets Training