Director, Sales and Marketing (Kirkhill) 8/27/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Director, Sales and Marketing (Kirkhill)
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and Engineered Materials markets.
Company Name: Esterline Engineered Materials
Industry: Aerospace Products & Services
Location: Brea, CA
This role will direct the Sales and Marketing efforts for Esterline's Kirkhill products. You will oversee the development of business and strategic planning, customer/program development, representative/distribution management and agreements, customer pricing agreements, customer proposal development, profitability of orders and backlog, forecasts of anticipated business levels for bookings and sales by operating unit and market segment and customer needs.
* Work closely with Esterline Platform sales team to drive new business wins
* Oversee customer visits, contract negotiation, and direct selling
* Develop new applications for customers working with technical and procurement team members on active and future programs.
* Take an active role in pricing and proposal recommendations including strategic rational.
* Provide input associated with new product development and forecasting.
* Actively develop and pursue competitive strategic activities.
* Remain current on industry events affecting primary customers and competition.
* Utilize creative problem solving techniques and counseling methods in resolving issues with fairness, equity and consistency.
* Prepare and make presentations to customers and company management.
* Development and management of representative and distribution network within defined region.
* Provide new product recommendations and market information.
* Development of industry trade exhibit material and advertising materials.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* 7+ years of sales and marketing experience in a technical field with prior aerospace experience.
* 2+ years managing and developing a team of direct reports
* Familiarity with government specifications and government contracts.
* Familiarity with military specifications and military contracts
* Solid professional presentation and reporting skills in a variety of environments and with a variety of media
* Strong proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Highly customer focused with the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels within a matrixed organization
* Ability to travel as needed in the US and internationally
* Four-year university degree or college diploma in sales, marketing, engineering, business or a related field required.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).