Director, Site Relationship Operations Lead Excellence
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Serono is the North American biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a global pharmaceutical and chemical group. We strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
The Director, Site Relationship Operations Lead Excellence key accountabilities include:
* Evaluating, building, developing and optimizing the SROL functions globally across all pertinent TAs.
* Ensuring global standardization of the SROL roles, with flexibility for local implementation and adherence to local practices and regulations.
* Standardizing SROL credentials and job descriptions / requirements.
* Developing and building SROL initial and ongoing training curricula and training roadmaps, content and assessments.
* Clarifying and optimizing the SROL role expectations, scope of activities, strategies and tactics.
* Reviewing, evaluating and refining the SROL field content, activities and initiatives.
* Developing and implementing consistent SROL metrics and performance evaluations.
* Standardizing the recording and internal communication of SROL activities, content utilization, medical intelligence and strategy / tactic execution.
* Ensuring the sharing of SROL best practices across regions.
* Developing relevant SROL SOPs, Working Instructions, Operation Manuals, guidance and support material.
* Creating and maintaining a centralized global repository for pertinent SROL material, including training material, field content / documents and relevant policies and guidance resources.
* Providing initial and ongoing assessments of current / optimal local SROL headcount allocation and organizational and reporting structure.
* Identifying the criteria for investigators identification / mapping and SROL target lists / territories.
* Creating and implementing investigators surveys to define preferred local and TA-specific MSL characteristics and to evaluate MSL performance, content, activities, etc.
* Developing KOL engagement planning material and processes.
* Providing direction, coaching and guidance to the SROLs (or function that is supervising SROLs) to assure field execution of key Global Clinical Development and Global Clinical Operations objectives and corporate objectives, as well as in delivering expert coaching, management and individual job enrichment developmental opportunities to their SROLs teams.
* Setting, tracking and communicating status updates, reports and information to the Global Head of Regional Clinical Operations and other stakeholders on the SROLs development, plans, initiatives and accomplishments.
* Working closely with and ensuring collaboration and appropriate communication with key opinion leaders and strategic partners.
* Develop and maintain strategy for long-term relationships with clinical investigators, enhancing the image and reputation of the company
* Develop and maintain strategy at the country level across all regions for interfacing between the company, the investigator and the service provider in outsourced global trials (for the entire portfolio, across phases and therapeutic areas) to create the environment for successful clinical trials which enables timely, high quality, and cost-efficient output
* Act as a member of the Regional Clinical Operations leadership team
SCOPE OF PEOPLE RESPONSIBILITY
Management of people
* Indirect reporting line for all SROLs
* Managing relationship with key external stakeholders (investigators)
CANDIDATE S PROFILE
Required professional experience and necessary training
* Medical or Life Sciences degree or equivalent qualification
* Good oral & written communication in English
Necessary professional experience
* Minimum of 12 years Clinical Operations experience in the pharmaceutical / healthcare industry required.
* Minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical experience specific to drug development required.
* Minimum of 8 years leadership responsibilities required.
* Direct management experience is a plus
* Comprehensive and demonstrated proficiency of the Site Relations and Clinical Operations activities, as well as all aspects of Global Clinical Development and Global Clinical Operations, including planning and implementation of Clinical Development and Operations strategic initiatives.
* Comprehensive and demonstrated understanding of all components of successful KOL identification and engagement.
* Excellent management, teamwork, communication and presentation skills and solid experience in developing and executing strategic plans.
* Successful experience in the creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams.
* Experience in developing and leading teams in a changing competitive and regulatory environment.
* Experience in working in an environment that integrates all business unit functions.
* Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate and earn credibility and respect with internal and external customers and strategic partners.
* Experience in the development and implementation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated quantitatively and qualitatively.
* Knowledge and application of planning and leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, coaching and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans for teams and individuals.
JOB-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
* Strong mature leadership and influencing skills
* Fluent in English
* High achiever and team player who excels in a high challenge/high reward environment.
* Strategic planner with excellent organizational skills.
* Driven to goals by motivating team members and colleagues.
* Excellent people and communication skills.
* Ability to motivate, manage and lead people.
* High integrity and work ethic.
* Adaptability and ability to remain focused in the presence of shifting priorities and strategies in timely response to the business climate.
* Normal and routine office duties
* Up to 30% domestic and international travel
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.