Director, Social Impact Communications 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Engaging, always are the words we live by. They apply to everything we do, from the kind of work we create to how we work together. Its at the heart of who we are: were looking, always, for new, different and better ways to engage people in conversations that matter. Our award-winning creative studio of writers, designers, builders, strategists, conversation-starters, and storytellers creates ideas and content across earned, owned and paid channels for the worlds most beloved brands globally.
Were currently seeking a director to join our global Social Impact team, which works at the intersection of corporate social responsibility, sustainability and social issues. Were looking for people who understand the power of creative communications to help drive social progress and who are energized about opportunities to identify patterns, make connections, and bring ideas to life that raise awareness, drive advocacy and have an impact across a range of social issues.
For this position, were particularly focused on our work in the global health sector spanning specific issues such as non-communicable diseases, malaria, and clean water and sanitation, and candidates with knowledge of the main global health stakeholders in the U.S. and globally.
The ideal candidates will be stand-out creative thinkers, digitally-savvy and passionate about social change, global health and global development issues. We seek candidates who are following the conversations that our clients are currently plugged into for example, around the UN Sustainable Development Goals. And, we seek individuals who are skilled at partnering with clients to shape and elevate their creative solutions to large-scale social issues.
This role will be based at Powell Tate, one of Washington D.C.s leading strategic communications and public affairs firms, and a division of Weber Shandwick, one of the world's leading global public relations and engagement firms.
WERE INTERESTED IN SPEAKING TO CANDIDATES WHO:
* Have a minimum of 7-9 years of relevant communications experience, either at an agency or in-house
* Are attuned to trends and emerging priorities in CSR, sustainability and social issues communications
* Have an ability to analyze and surface insights from multiple sources to identity strategic implications and recommendations
* Are talented writers, clear communicators and engaging presenters
* Bring deep experience in shaping and delivering engagement campaigns on global health issues
* Are knowledgeable about the intersection of earned, owned and paid media
* Are proven project managers who can effectively collaborate with multiple agency and client partners
* Are active mentors to junior colleagues and eager to facilitate team collaboration and learning
* Instill confidence and a sense of shared purpose with clients and colleagues
* Bring great energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humor
* Serving as a day-to-day lead for client projects, setting and managing against a clear vision of success, project plan and budget
* Playing an active role in internal and client conversations, offering perspective, strategic guidance and ideas that advance our work
* Delivering actionable insights to inform creative and strategic recommendations for clients
* Writing, editing and producing a range of documents, including communications plans, media strategies, landscape analyses, trends and insights overviews, or proposals
* Managing teams to produce and flawlessly deliver content and deliverables on time and on budget
* Conceptualizing and managing engagement campaigns centered on compelling content and storytelling
ABOUT WEBER SHANDWICK:
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 79 cities across 34 countries and operations extending to 127 cities in 81 countries. The firms diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as an Ad Age A-List Agency in 2014 and 2015, The Holmes Reports Global Agency of the Year in 2014 and 2015 and PRWeeks 2015 Global Agency of the Year. Weber Shandwick and its Prime unit have won a combined 25 Cannes Lions since 2009.
Weber Shandwick was also named a Best Place to Work by Ad Age in 2014 and 2015 and PRWeek in 2013 and 2014. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visithttp://www.webershandwick.com.
Powell Tate is the Washington, D.C. office of Weber Shandwick, the only PR firm named to Advertising Ages A List. Were particularly strong in health care, corporate social responsibility, financial services, foundation support, federal marketing, energy and sustainability, and global communications.
Powell Tate | Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Powell Tate | Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.