Director, Social Media, Membership, and Community Engagement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB #: 16070602 - P
KEY WORDS:Director of social media, Social Marketing, membership, community, engagement, demand generation, acquisition, organic search, Customer Retention, director of digital marketing, online marketing manager, Vice President of Digital Marketing, SEO, PPC, CPC, SEM, affiliate networking, Internet Marketing, , Display Advertising, b2b, mobile apps, social media, Online Marketing, strategy, digital strategy, digital agency, agency, advertising agency, ecommerce, software, digital marketing, marketer, gaming, video games, entertainment, sports, lifestyle brands, lead generation, web marketing, software, technology, SaaS, consumer electronics, automotive, loans, finance, financial services, CPG
San Diego based Tech Company developing cutting edge entertainment and social gaming apps is seeking a key DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL MEDIA! This is an opportunity to grow an already strong and loyal customer base of over 8 million registered users for their gaming and entertainment products.
The DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT is responsible for development and execution of programs for growing engagement via social media and community strategies. You'll also work with national partners on promotional programs and be able to build programs from the ground up. You'll also engage with influencers and industry insiders to promote and expand brand awareness.
This is an opportunity to create new engagement within an innovative environment with peers willing to challenge conventions. You will be encouraged to do things better and think (I know, it's a clich) "outside of the box." You'll join a team who will share your passion and drive for accomplishment. This is a high-visibility and growth role where you'll interact with the C-level team on a daily basis.
To apply, send your resume for confidential review to Kanani Masterson (email@example.com). This is a fulltime position based in San Diego, CA. Relocation provided for selected candidate.
* Develop and execute compelling organic and paid social media programs in that support the Brand Manager's strategies for their social game brands and promotional programs
* Create and manage an influencer program to nurture their most influential fans to drive interest in, and loyalty to their products
* Work closely with the Email Marketing Manager and Product Managers to develop logical, integrated social loops into their products and promotions, including partner programs and campaigns.
* Partner with head of User Experience to build core social and community functionality into our tablet, web and mobile products
* Maintain continual proficiency with latest social and community platforms and tools, and social trends, and deploy social and community best practices throughout the organization
* Work with Trade Marketing Manager to activate social programs in-venue to drive guest engagement with their programs
* Develop, track and drive relevant KPI's throughout their B2C and B2B business
* $90,000 to $130,000 per year
* Stock options
* Bonus potential
* Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks for new hires!
* A casual work environment - we don't believe your contribution can be measured by your clothing
* All the free_Starbucks_ coffee you can drink!
* Ample parking and easy access to public transportation
* Minimum of 10+ years' experience in brand management, digital marketing, direct marketing or social/community marketing
* Must have 5+ years of direct management of social media programs and platforms geared at growing communities and engagement. This is not just a role where you post stuff on Facebook and Twitter and walk away.
* Familiarity with mobile apps, social games, video games, entertainment, sports, and related digital marketing techniques and metrics
* Experience with building a community with a focus on meaningful and long term engagement. This is not a job just managing the status quo.
* Willingness to engage in constructive, productive dialogue about the business with all levels of co-workers
* Must be comfortable developing strong, data-backed, and rational points of view and championing them
* Bachelor's degreerequired. MBA or Graduatedegrees preferred.