Director, Solutions Portfolio Marketing and Development 9/8/2016
Hitachi Consulting Corporation US
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hitachi Consulting is seeking a Director, Global Solutions Marketing Development who will be responsible for identifying market trends and delivering strategic market assessment, customer demand assessment and competitive intelligence for transformative global solutions. The successful candidate will report to the VP of Marketing and should have proven solutions marketing experience in a consulting, software, hardware or technology company selling to medium and large enterprises. The position requires a combination of strategic thinking and hands-on tactical execution. The position will work closely with a team of geo based researchers and global solution development and industry leads across the portfolio. Cross-functional leadership is critical. This position works closely with regional solutions leadership, corporate marketing, marketing operations, partner marketing and strategic sales leadership and other key stakeholders. The successful candidate will analyze and understand market and customer opportunities for global solutions, and create targeted solution marketing strategies including messaging, positioning, sales tools and training. The lead will leverage established analyst reports, research methodologies and supporting techniques to meet defined business objectives, and develop and execute research. Responsible for developing strategies to collect and interpret client data, online surveys, focus groups, and other research methods as needed to provide guidance and recommendations for the development and marketing of global Hitachi solutions.
* Engage in strategic planning with solutions portfolios leads to understand and augment business objectives.
* Map capabilities to customer needs and portfolio fit to drive solution requirements and development
* Develop market-relevant insights and segmentation analysis to increase market share or create new markets based on a holistic, integrated global solutions approach.
* Evaluate priorities and formulate industry and strategic solutions marketing plan, including specific measures of success. Analyze and interpret data and make actionable recommendations.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to create a vision for the new industry marketing function.
* Research and develop solution-specific industry business plans including market sizing, addressable market opportunity, win/loss analysis, customer requirements and competitive positioning.
* Work with business units leads, partners product management/engineering and innovation teams to guide the development of industry-specific solutions, technologies and demos.
* Align with partners to develop joint solutions requirements and work with marketing programs teams to develop go-to-market plans.
* Develop customer value propositions, based on customer challenges and desired business outcomes. Position and market as a leading enterprise software solution provider for key functional solutions.
* Establish an in-depth understanding of customer and prospect requirements within the organization.
* Provide direction and strategic content, including collateral, white papers, customer presentations, use case studies and ROI models.
* Market research, segmentation and sizing, identifying "burning platforms" and HCC sales arguments and value
* Messaging development, for sales, marketing, executives, for solutions and for overall GSI
* Competitive intelligence, objection handling etc.
A minimum of 10 years of experience in industry, solution and/or product marketing in the enterprise software market.
Experience working in and/or marketing to, the target industries and business functions.
Strategic thinking and ability to define and pursue high level objectives.
Proven ability to understand and communicate business processes, business challenges and associated infrastructure requirements effectively within different vertical industries and/or business functions.
Strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex data scenarios into digestible ,GTM components
Proven ability to provide the strategic marketing for a solution, or portfolio of solutions, including building a market-driven business case, marketing and launch plan with compelling messaging-based on customer priorities, and working closely with customers, industry experts and analysts.
Experience working with technology partners and system integrators to develop strategic marketing plans.
Proven lead cross-functional team management, leadership skills and ability to collaborate closely with marketing colleagues.
An entrepreneurial drive and work ethic, attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a results-driven, collaborative environment.
Aptitude for technology, naturally curious mindset and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value. * Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Bachelors degree in Marketing, Economics and/or Computer Science, MBA preferred
LOCATION: Dallas, Denver or San Francisco, or any other market with an HCC office