This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Bright Horizons Children's Centers
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Bright Horizons, every day brings something new. As a child care director, you will have a chance to inspire the passion in your teachers, have a moment of pure connection with a child or parent, embrace an unexpected challenge that evolves into an opportunity to apply your intelligence, share your compassion and character in creating a solution and every day, you ll find your business focus balanced by a unique and very real sense of fulfillment.Apply now to join the Bright Horizons team as an on-site leader at one of our beautiful centers. You will play a key role in creating and refining the center s culture by supporting teachers in the development of an innovative, hands-on, emergent curriculum designed for the children in your care and building an environment where the children, families and staff thrive.
Our center is located right in the heart of Davis Square, steps away from the Davis Square MBTA stop on the red line with access to several local bus lines. We are proud to be part of this wonderful communityAs a center director at Bright Horizons, you will:
* Grow your team by hiring, training, supervising and inspiring a team of passionate, committed teachers
* Collaborate with families to support and share the educational needs of their children
* Nurture your career aspirations and personal growth through ongoing training and support
* Inspire each child s potential through our innovative curriculum, inclusive environment and strong family partnerships
* Play an integral role in continuing the Bright Horizons commitment to quality
* Enjoy the support of a corporate team dedicated to help you manage the daily operations of the center
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
* Bachelor s degree preferred; High School diploma/GED required
* 3-5 years of management/leadership experience
* A combination of infant, toddler or preschool teaching experience
* Well versed in NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards
* Strong leadership, supervisory and customer service skills and ability to create/maintain partnerships with families and staff
* Ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum
* Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks or crisis situations effectively
* Capacity to understand and manage center financial duties
* Computer literacy
* Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences
* Must meet state educational and licensing requirements for director; additional center/school requirements may apply