Director/ Sr. Manager Procurement (Network, Telecomm)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the #1 CRM platform and the clear leader in sales, service, marketing and cloud platforms. Salesforce.com pioneered the shift to cloud, social, mobile and most recently connected devices, and with this next generation of technology, our customers are connecting with their customers in entirely new ways. With salesforce.com's four product lines - Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce1 Platform - companies have the tools they need to transform the way they sell, service, market and innovate.
When salesforce.com was founded, three things made us vastly different from traditional software companies:
New Business Model: Salesforce.com operates as a subscription business. Just like the newspaper business, customers pay us over time. And we recognize revenue as the service is delivered, giving us a much more predictable revenue stream. We are much more invested in our customers' success than vendors of traditional software because we need to be, we want them to continue to renew their subscription .http://www.salesforce.com/company/investor/
*New Technology Model: Salesforce.com is based on a concept called multi-tenancy that emerged with cloud computing. It's about shared infrastructure. Think of it like an apartment building - while there are a number of shared resources like elevators, a doorman or a swimming pool, each tenant has a key to their own apartment that only they can access. It is really how we look at defining whether a service is truly in the cloud - Facebook, Google and Twitter are all based on this same concept. It allows us to deliver economies of scale and uses less energy than traditional software. http://www.salesforce.com/company/sustainability/
New Philanthropy Model: Giving back has been at the core of whosalesforce.com is from the beginning. We donate 1% of our time, product and equity back into the communities where we operate. http://foundation.force.com/home
The Director or Sr. Category Manager is an individual contributor who is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies as well as recommending product innovations based on improving technology. This individual will negotiate, administer, and manage the full range of commercial contracts focusing on IT and Data Center infrastructure-related initiatives associated with the procurement of Network Telecommunications and Mobility. Thus individual will also manage the overall business-to-business relationships between Salesforce and the supplier through day-to-day interactions and supplier business reviews, while achieving cost-effective procurement decisions for the company.
This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
* Working to network development plans and strategies with Network Engineering team to determine the best way to implement such plans through lease, buy, and build analysis.
* Work with Engineering to enhance the network performance, cost metrics and carrier & route diversity to optimize the Network.
* Supplier Strategy and alignment through recommending global and regional carriers, developing a strategic supplier base of key vendors and peering partners.
* Maintaining and developing carrier supplier and partner relationships, negotiating and maintaining MSAs with such partners where appropriate and running performance reviews.
* Manage and drive contract strategy around Salesforce's diverse mobile carrier partners and suppliers. Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers and driven to own closure of agreements.
* Documented results with implementing standard procurement best practices, building strong relationships with internal customers and suppliers, and consulting on procurement best practices for cross-functional project teams.
* Utilize RFI (Request for Information), RFP (Request for Proposal), and RFQ (Request for Quote) techniques to identify, select, and engage with suppliers to ensure competitive market advantage. Direct and implement supplier-sourcing strategies to ensure high quality, on time delivery, and cost competitiveness.
* Implement proactive procurement philosophies, strategies, policies, procedures, and systems.
* Influence cross-functional organizations while enhancing strong internal relationships in order to meet business requirements and cost objectives.
* Advise internal customers on value-added approaches to supply base solutions.
* BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 6 years of relevant experience in Telecom / Network Sourcing or Supply Chain
* Business and technical knowledge of networks, their operation and associated performance and cost models.
* Experience in sourcing processes (i.e., RFx development and execution) and reviewing, analyzing, drafting and negotiating contract terms with respect to major projects of medium/high complexity.
* Strong presentation skills with the ability to analyze and explain pricing models and contract terms.
* Strong understanding of legal concepts as related to contract negotiations.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent relationship management skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with suppliers, and internal business customer, and senior management.
* Work well under pressure, ability to multitask and skilled time manager that is comfortable working under minimal supervision
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.