Director, State and Local Government
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director in State and Local Government for our Management Consulting practice.
- Manage and deliver large, complex public services and state and local government engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology services for state and local government clients
- Evaluate risks related to requirements management, business process definition, testing processes, internal controls, project communications, training, and organizational change management
- Review business process and information security controls to help provide effective, efficient, and secure access to information within applications
- Develop and maintain relationships with a large number of senior management at state and local government agencies, positioning self and the firm for opportunities to generate new business
- Establish standards by which deliverables are measured, understand the process used to create deliverables, review deliverables against established standards, and identify gaps and root causes
- Conduct on-going reviews of integrator deliverables through systems development life cycle
- Twelve years of experience as a management consultant and project manager during the system and/or user acceptance testing planning or execution of a public sector information technology transformation engagement in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate major such as social sciences, public administration, business administration, computer science, engineering, accounting, or economics from an accredited college/university
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities, lead project engagements, attract new business, and build lasting professional relationships with senior client executives as well as relevant experience in project management and the full life-cycle of a project
- Experience with project, program, or portfolio management specifically with large-scale transformation programs involving business and process organization and technology components
- Demonstrated experience assisting other organizations in reviewing or implementing information technology infrastructure library standards
- Applied experience related to enterprise architecture and service oriented architecture
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .