Director Strategic Analysis
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
3010 Cubic Defense Applications, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Supports the leadership team in developing and executing strategy to achieve long-term objectives. Responsible for Merger & Acquisition strategy. Scope of daily assignments is necessarily broad encompassing business development, marketing, external affairs, competitive intelligence, financial performance, strategic communications, and ad hoc assignments to address short-term or high priority needs. Supports internal-facing matters such as financial planning, pipeline analysis, metrics review/development, acquisitions, and customer satisfaction. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for company C4ISR Merger & Acquisition Strategy. Includes development of options, selection of targets, capture of targets, and successful integration of targets.
* Responsible for coordination of strategic plan and successful execution of business strategy. Collaborate with president and business leaders to continuously identify, assess, select, and execute organic and inorganic growth strategies.
* Support execution of business strategy through establishing business battle rhythm to ensure success on short and long-term objectives.
* Develop or manage market assessments.
* Implement competitive intelligence function for business.
* Perform financial analysis of candidate business strategies and provide recommendations to business leaders.
* Identify risks/opportunities and develop actions to mitigate/realize to maximize business potential.
* Directly support President and business leaders with key customer engagements including development of messaging strategy, briefing content, and follow-up. These engagements often occur at customer locations, Cubic locations, and trade shows.
* Supports integration of acquired businesses including integration planning, monitoring of key events/milestones, and working with key stakeholders to resolve issues.
* Provide principal interface for business to corporate enterprise, strategy, innovation, business, and legal functions for reporting IAW with corporate rhythm.
* Support President in interaction with CEO/Board of Directors.
* May represent the company at customer, legislative, or fundraising affairs.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Four-year college degree in business or engineering field plus a minimum of twelve years of experience in defense industry or similar experience in government/military. Master's degree in related field preferred. Good organizational and planning skills are important. Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines is essential. broad knowledge and experience in strategic planning, innovation, business development, program management, and engineering is preferred. Must be highly organized, collaborative and capable of multi-tasking to make progress on multiple tasks over time. Must possess excellent presentation and writing skills to represent the business both internally and externally, and must possess a high degree of tact and discretion given regular communication and interface with the President and executive leadership team. The candidate must be able to develop desired outcomes based upon leadership team intent. The candidate must be a strategic thinker.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.