Director Strategic Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 9/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONDirector Strategic Planning
The Director of Strategic Planning will oversee the business strategy of their assigned accounts. Key tasks include defining the short and long term growth strategy for the account, forecasting and delivering net sales, developing and executing marketing programs, and partnering with brand marketing and finance to ensure programs align with the overall brand strategy and P&L. The director will act as the key liaison between brand and the assigned accounts, interacting with the retailer buying office to negotiate net sales plans, COOP, in-store placement, event participation, and marketing programs.
REPORTING To the AVP Strategic Planning
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Determine and execute the business strategy of assigned accounts including 1-3 year vision, sales plans, and growth opportunities.
* Achieve forecasted net sales goals for entire accounts.
* Drive analysis of product and program performance. Compile all daily, weekly and monthly retail sales reports including competitive retail reports and mix of business. Identify key opportunities and wins from sales results to inform future programs and strategies.
* Lead open to buy negotiation with the retailer, reporting sales plans internally and partnering with sales planning to ensure accuracy.
* Monitor the overall stock levels and ensure appropriate product mix of stock is available in the stores by assuring timely ordering, proactively monitoring and resolving low or out of stock conditions. Control and update stock and sales plan inclusive of shipments, returns, markdowns, COOP advertising, and other allowances. Manage promotional order process, from purchase order to shipment.
* Create and execute marketing programs including account exclusive products and programs, go to market plans for new launches, merchandising, and GWP/product promotions.
* Prepare and lead market meetings and other key meetings with account leaders and Clarisonic leadership. Establish frequent and open communication with account buying team to build trust and to secure visibility for the Clarisonic brand within the retailer environment. Build strong, influential partnerships with buyers to maximize space and visual priority, full stock conditions and the retailer s contribution to advertising and sales enhancing events.
* Partner closely with Sell-Thru leaders to create and execute in-store and online programs that align to sales projections and that give field team members the tools they need to meet their goals.
* Order and ensure delivery of all in-store collateral and non-saleable selling tools.
* Bachelor degree and minimum of 5+ years of experience in beauty or retail sales management
* Self motivated, results oriented, creative thinker
* Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
* Analytical in approach to identifying opportunities
* Must effectively monitor, analyze, interpret and communication business information
* Strong negotiation skills
* Ability to establish strong working relationship with buying groups
* Must possess a valid driver s license and a safe driving record
* Willing and able to travel overnight
* Proficient computer skills necessary Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with ability to learn and navigate internal systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.