Director, Strategic Sourcing 9/3/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Sourcing, the Director, Strategic Sourcing will manage the portfolio for an entire service line including strategic sourcing, contracting and value analysis. This position will be working for a large multi-hospital system located in Manhattan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Manage the contract portfolio for an entire service line (category) including contracting, compliance, and value analysis.
* Provide leadership, guidance and support to physicians and staff to develop their understanding and involvement in supply chain practices and to ensure operational and financial goals are met.
* Responsible for identifying cost savings opportunities and the implementation of programs to actualize these savings.
* As Co-Chair of the Service Line Value Analysis committee, develop and enable Value Analysis and other techniques to evaluate products and facilitate changes resulting in cost savings while preserving quality of products and focusing on patient outcomes.
* Develop an annual plan for identifying and pursuing opportunities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* A Bachelor's Degree, advanced degree highly preferred.
* 7+ years' experience in a leadership capacity supporting a healthcare sourcing/procurement operation.
* Knowledge of healthcare supply chain management principles and concepts in procurement, receiving, distribution, replenishment, and equipment management.
* Knowledge in Value Analysis product review, product conversions, product standardization, and product trial.
* Knowledge of accounting principles, cost analysis, standard costing, statistical control and other strategies in costs management and process improvement.
* Technical skills in MS Office suite, EHR and current healthcare supply chain information systems.
* Strong knowledge of the products and procedures performed on the Nursing Floors, Emergency Department, Radiology, OB-GYN Department, Pediatrics Department, Ambulatory Care Facilities and other non-surgical departments is a must.
* This position calls for a high degree of technical and managerial competency through continuing education and/or participation in seminars, meetings, and membership in professional organizations.