Director, Supply Chain Management 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client is one of the largest commercial baking operations in the world and is looking for a _DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT_ for their North Orange County operations. Our client offers more than 10,000-plus products umbrella brands and produces breads, cakes, and tortillas under a number of popular brands. They also make salty snack foods and candles under other popular brand names.
BASIC PURPOSE / SCOPE:
* Lead the Business Unit Supply Chain Logistics function and participate as a member of the Business Unit leadership team.
* Directly responsible for the effective and efficient movement of product from the end of the production lines to the routes.
* Working cross functionally with the other business unit leaders to ensure the business unit achieves the expected results.
* Ensure the right team is in place to meet both the daily business needs to operate the supply chain effectively and the long-term need to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business. This includes organization _design, hiring, monitoring performance, and development of associates._
* Development of a culture in Supply Chain Logistics that places safety first, drives engagement at every level and embraces diversity and inclusion.
* Daily fulfillment of orders by ensuring the accurate and timely movement of product through the supply chain to the end destination, maintaining product freshness and integrity throughout.
* Developing an annual financial plan for the function, aligned with the broader plan of the business unit, monitoring actual results and taking actions to ensure financial commitments are met.
* Partner with manufacturing and co-pack team to determine optimal sourcing strategy to achieve Lowest Landed Cost (LLC) within Business Unit.
* Driving waste elimination through the development of annual plans for increasing the efficiency of the supply chain, ensuring accountability within the team, monitoring actual results and making adjustments in the plan as necessary.
* Instill a "_Lean_" practices culture, founded on a Continuous Improvement mindset to eliminate non-value adding activities.
* _Own_ _the results_ _of the business unit_ by participating as a member of the business unit leadership team in the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to drive improvement in our three key measures, sales, share, and profitability.
* Participate as a member of the supply chain logistics team in the development and implementation of plans to standardize and optimize processes and technology.
* Ensure proper product accountability processes are being followed and monitor results to identify and resolve any issues with shipping accuracy.
* Monitor performance metrics relative to cost and service level and make adjustments as necessary to lower cost and meet service expectations.
* Monitor the performance of the transportation network seeking out ways to optimize the transportation system.
* Work closely with sales management to ensure that depot shipping is performing effectively including product accountability processed in place, service levels meeting the needs of the business and costs as low as possible.
* Ensure the effective execution of company initiatives including _new methods of distribution, new products, and seasonal business requirements._
* Assure and maintain Business Unit compliance with required certifications and regulatory agencies.
* Take on special projects as assigned.
* 15 years of experience in supply chain logistics at least 10 of those in a management position.
* A Degree is required. A Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field is a plus.
* DSD (Direct Store Distribution) experience is required.
* CPG (Consumer Packaged Goods) and/or Baking Industry experience required.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Exposure to TMS & Pick to Light WMS platforms.
* Background in high speed executional supply chain network.
* Experience working with unionized workforcepreferred.
* Must possess computer knowledge in Microsoft office applications.
Our client offers a multitude of employee benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, FSA. a 401K, bonus, and many ot_hers._