Director Surgical Services / FT Days 8/31/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 01512-16488
To administer, analyze and evaluate the care of the perioperative patients in the facility. To advise hospital management regarding the status of patient care, budgetary projections, quality improvement processes. To anticipate and estimate future needs of the department to improve quality of patient care. To collaborate and coordinate the efforts of the staff of the to accomplish the mission of Del Sol Medical Center.
1. Develops, administers and coordinates services necessary to accomplish objectives of the Surgical Services Department.
2. Facilitates a multidisciplinary coordination of services with, nursing, medicine, clinical dieticians and other support departments.
3. Develop, monitor, appraise and analyze budgetary goals and outcomes within the department.
4. Administer and appraise Quality Improvement activities within the services provided.
5. Control processes related to Human Resources; inclusive of hiring, evaluating, terminating, counseling, coaching and development of the staff.
6. Develop, interpret, inspect and review policies and procedures within the services provided.
7. Develop, institute, review and implement policies, procedures and protocols related to the care of surgical patients for the organization.
8. Collaborates, develops and participates in marketing of the program, including educational program development, external advertising and working in conjunction with local and regional programs.
9. Responsible for twenty four-hour coverage and problem resolution to the services provided.
10. Direct and approve the practice of professional nursing and support positions within the services provided to maintain quality patient care through implementation and evaluation of clinical practice standards.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. INTEGRITY: Behaves ethically and honestly; supports workplace diversity; communicates openly in all directions; balances work/life issues; fosters trust in relationships; allocates resources effectively.
2. TEAMWORK: Promotes cooperation; build bridges of cooperation; actively contributes to group efforts; supports team decisions; puts aside self interest; works with diversity. Works as a team member through interaction, assistance, and demonstration.
3. CUSTOMER AND QUALITY FOCUS: Knows customers and adds value; actively listens; treat customers like business partners; monitors quality and customer satisfaction; adheres to high standards; manages customer expectation. Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers. Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
4. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Exhibits a health care savvy; gets things done; aligns decisions with values; solves problems demonstrates professional/technical knowledge; anticipates challenges and takes risk.
5. HOSPITAL/DEPARTMENTAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures that affect the outcomes and safety of patient care, and employee rights and responsibilities.
6. DEVELOPMENT: advocates a learning environment; empowers others; provides frequent candid feedback; coaches and supports others; fosters an innovative environment.
7. LEADERSHIP: sets a living example; develops and communicates a shared vision; demonstrates credibility; acts with strategic focus; makes effective decisions; delegates appropriately; selects the right people; thinks beyond today s practice.
8. FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Exhibits knowledge of financial systems; stays with budgetary guidelines; cost saving innovations.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required, MSN or MBA preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure with the ability to practice in the state of
Texas, BCLS Certification
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum of five years clinical experience, three years of management experience preferred.
Previous perioperative nursing experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes basic English.,bilingual Spanish preferred. Ability to move in excess of 50 pounds with
assistance from staff.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patients, families, internal and external partners, managerial and employee needs.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 08/30/2016