Director - Suspension Design Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the suspension design and development department of automobile suspension systems. The primary products of focus will be suspension dampers (shocks, struts, passive, active), corner modules, air suspension components and system development of air and active damping systems. These duties will include communicating with customer, managing design teams, overseeing the development and testing of prototypes, product specification, resource planning and budgeting, quote development and following the products from development through to production.
The Department Head will act as the technical leader and be responsible for all development activities. This individual will support the working teams interface with customers at a managerial level, review product specifications, assist manufacturing plants (North America, Japan, China, Europe, Asia) for production and overseeing the validation testing and prototype builds. This includes resource planning, prioritizing tasks of engineers and technicians assisting on the program, and ensuring that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and problems encountered during the development process are satisfactorily resolved.
The Department Head will also be responsible for reviewing/approving and/or developing budgets for each program or development activity. These budgets include human and equipment resources, as well as materials and testing activities.
Additional responsibilities include coordinating quote responses for new business opportunities and competitive analysis. The candidate should expect travel requirements consistent with a global operation supporting a global customer base. The individual will be expected to drive customer and company test vehicles to evaluate products under development to support our products.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelor or Masters degree in Mechanical/Systems Engineering or similar technical degree,
- HAVE A MINIMUM OF 6-10 YEARS APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE IN AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENT DESIGN/DEVELOPMENT AND A SIGNIFICANT PERIOD IN A MANAGERIAL ROLE PERFORMING SIMILAR DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE,
- Have experience in automotive suspension systems / system applications,
- Have experience interfacing with customer,
- Have working knowledge and experience in mechanical design and testing,
- Have report writing/reviewing experience and presentation skills,
- Have experience tracking and reporting design changes,
- Have experience with CAD design work,
- Have experience coordinating multiple activities and projects simultaneously.
ADDITIONAL NOTES :
- Travel required approximately 50% local, 15% regional domestic / international (Japan).