Director Tech Media Relations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GOLIN SAN FRANCISCO is seeking a public relations legend to do great work for our technology-focused clients as we grow our integrated agency.
Due to exciting new business growth in our technology practice, we are seeking a Director to manage and drive the success of both new and existing client relationships. You will have the opportunity to promote new technologies, work as part of a fully integrated communications team, and manage people and mentor staff. The keys to this role are excellent account management and people management skills, a deep knowledge of the media and the ability to create and manage communications strategies for enterprise-level accounts. The right candidate will also have a positive long-term impact on the San Francisco office at large.
* SERVE AS CHIEF CLIENT LIAISON AND ACCOUNT LEAD ON 2-4 MAJOR ACCOUNTS. SERVES AS DAY-TO-DAY CLIENT CONTACT ON ACCOUNTS AND COLLABORATE CLOSELY WITH SENIOR LEADERSHIP ON LARGER ACCOUNTS
* DEVELOP STRATEGY AND EXECUTE ACTION PLANS TO SUPPORT CLIENT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND INITIATIVES
* MANAGE INTERNAL RESOURCES AND FINANCES AROUND SPECIFIC ACCOUNTS
* DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN STRONG INDUSTRY RELATIONSHIPS WITH PRINT AND ONLINE MEDIA, AND OTHER INFLUENCERS IN THE TECHNOLOGY MARKET. PROVIDE GUIDANCE TO TEAMS ON APPROPRIATE PITCH STRATEGIES FOR THESE MEDIA CHANNELS
* INTERACT WITH ALL LEVELS OF CLIENT CONTACTS, INCLUDING C-SUITE EXECUTIVES. OFFER ADVICE TO CLIENTS WHEN A STORY IS NOT PRESS-WORTHY AND/OR REQUIRES MODIFICATION
* SECURE ONLINE AND PRINT OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUR TECHNOLOGY CLIENTS, WITH AN EMPHASIS ON ENTERPRISE B2B AND CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY TOPICS
* CONTRIBUTE TO CLIENTS OVERALL PR STRATEGIES, MAXIMIZE PRESS COVERAGE AND VISIBILITY, AND PROVIDE STRATEGIC COUNSEL TO CLIENTS IN SUPPORT OF THEIR MEDIA PROGRAMS
* MANAGE THE DEVELOPMENT OF MEDIA ALERTS, PRESS RELEASES AND OTHER WRITTEN MATERIALS
* CONTRIBUTE TO NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PITCHES AND PR PROPOSALS
* MANAGE JUNIOR STAFF ON PROJECT DELIVERABLES AND INSPIRE TEAMS TO ACHIEVE OUTSTANDING RESULTS FOR CLIENTS. PROVIDE DAY-TO-DAY MENTORING TO STAFF, AS WELL AS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TO SEVERAL DIRECT REPORTS
* 8 OF EXPERIENCE IN THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OR COMMUNICATIONS-RELATED FIELD, AT LEAST 5 YEARS WITHIN CLOUD TECHNOLOGY PR
* AN ANALYTICAL PERSON WHO CAN THINK ON THEIR FEET
* A DEEP UNDERSTANDING OF TECH MEDIA AND INDUSTRY TRENDS WITH STRONG INDUSTRY CONTACTS, EXPERIENCE WITH CLIENTS IN THE CLOUD/SAAS, IOT, STORAGE, AND SECURITY MARKETS A PLUS
* PROVEN SUCCESS PLACING CLIENTS OR TECHNOLOGY COMPANIES IN BUSINESS PRESS, TECHNOLOGY MEDIA AND KEY TRADE PUBLICATIONS
* SOLID RESEARCH, WRITING AND EDITING SKILLS
* EVIDENCE OF ESTABLISHING STRONG CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS AS THE DAY-TO-DAY CLIENT CONTACT
* A TEAM PLAYER WITH STRONG LEADERSHIP QUALITIES AND THE ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY MANAGE A TEAM
WHO WE ARE:
At Golin, we possess the power to inspire and create change. By embracing new technologies and pushing creative boundaries, we help our clients adapt and win in a constantly changing world. With our revolutionary g4 model, teams in 50 offices across the globe deliver the deepest insights, boldest ideas and broadest engagement to the worlds leading brands through seamless integrated communications. Our g4 model allows our communications professionals to specialize, whether they are catalysts focusing on account management and growth, connectors focusing on media relations, creators who write and design content, or explorers that work in analytics and strategy. For nearly 60 years, weve helped clients like McDonalds, Unilever, Toyota and Nintendo of America Go All In and commit to bravery over mediocrity. Find out how at www.golin.com and watch our video here: http://vimeo.com/110792476
Golin is a holistic communications firm designed and built to win in a complex digital world.
AN INTEGRATED APPROACH: PR
Golin San Francisco is a bit different from other agencies. We have a simple approach to driving marketing success in SF built on our DNA in public relations. We call it PR . PR combines PR with marketing and analytics to drive business success for our clients. This holistic approach pairs solid communications with broader marketing expertise, and builds on our agency heritage and our core strengths here in San Francisco. PR is not just about the myriad services that we offer in addition to traditional PR, including analytics and measurement, marketing strategy, branding and positioning, digital storytelling, web design, content production, analyst relations, investor relations, attribution modeling, SEO and social selling. It is also about how we work with our clients: executing communications and other marketing work under one consolidated strategy.
Another thing that sets us apart is co-habitation with our sister agency ARCHITECT a full-service digital agency with offices in London and San Francisco with clients including Unilever, NRG, Toyota, and Nintendo. Architect specializes in web design, video, digital storytelling and game creation. Golin SF and Architect work together on content marketing and digital marketing strategy for our clients.
RECENT ACCOLADES INCLUDE:
2015 International Agency of the Year, Global PR Week Awards
2013 Consultancy of the Year, PRWeek
2013 Large Firm of the Year, PR News
2013 Top Places to Work in PR, PR News
2013 Agency of the Year, The Holmes Report
2013 Large Agency of the Year, The Holmes Report
2013 UK Consultancy of the Year, The Holmes Report
2013 Healthcare Consultancy of the Year, Virgo HEALTH PR, The Holmes Report
2013 Gold Interpublic Group Inclusion Award | Multicultural Agency/ Practice of the Year
2012 Large Consultancy of the Year, PRCA Awards
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Golin recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.