Director Technical Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Financial Services Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Director, Technical Accounting and Policies position will:
* Function as the Corporate Controller's Office project leader on implementation of new accounting standards (e.g., revenue recognition, leases)
* Coordinate the internal / external resources necessary to adopt the revenue recognition and lease accounting standards over the next few years
* Work with our Audit Services / Information Systems departments and company finance management on the impact of accounting changes to our internal control processes, including IT,) and our SOX404 control testing approaches
* Perform technical accounting research on various new or proposed accounting standards changes or on specific company transactions
* Oversee the group responsible for updating the company's accounting policies and support the training efforts on policy changes
* Support the financial operations throughout the company in fielding questions about accounting policies or technical accounting matters
* Assist in supporting our external reporting and audits, as needed
* Bachelor's Degree with major in Accounting
* Public Accounting experiencerequired
* Minimum 12years' total experience (with minimum of 7years of public accounting experience)
* Strong skills in performing technical accounting research and interpreting guidance under US GAAP
* Strong written communication skills needed for developing guidance documents (e.g., white papers, training materials) to be utilized by others at all levels of the organization.
* Experience in supervisory role and ability to lead large special project teams
* Excellent time management skills