Director, Technical Services (3961)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Information Technology
Discipline: General Leadership
Career Level: Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Director Technical Services will have overall responsibility for the implementation and operation of all information technology infrastructure including data center, data network, telephony, application and service monitoring, user support/help desk, servers, storage and related software.
* Provide a leadership role in planning the use of information technology to support the company s business goals.
* Oversee and manage technical infrastructure and operations budgets including costs for personnel, hardware, software, and services.
* Provide leadership to IT infrastructure engineering and operations teams, creating a dedicated service-oriented organization for End User Services, Service Desk, Network Operations Center (NOC), and provision Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) to the DevOps teams.
* Execution of ITIL processes as they apply to the Technical Services organization using the principles of service management.
* Monitoring and management of infrastructure security.
* Continually improve the Technical Services organization s effectiveness and efficiency.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all areas of the organization personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
* Stay abreast of legislation and regulation as it applies to the Utility industry, and ensure the company s compliance to those standards as they relate to the IT technical infrastructure and its operation.
* Responsible for the management of assets and infrastructure that is deemed Critical Infrastructure by NERC. Ensure Technical Services team is compliant with all Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) standards and guidelines.
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of: company s strategic business plans; company s existing IT architecture/infrastructure and technology standards; current and emerging technology infrastructure and standards.
* Lead the technology and infrastructure efforts that support the company s business development and new revenue initiatives as well as assist with positioning the company as a Next Generation Utility Company .
* Work closely with our unregulated affiliates (i.e., DQE Communications) defining network architecture and assisting with the design and delivery of services as needed.
Typically reports to the head of a major business segment. Typically leads a sub division/function or group of business areas with a broad / or critical set functional area(s), region(s) or zone(s). This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Roles at this level require a university/college degree. Higher level education such as a master s degree, PhD, or certifications is normally required. Relevant industry experience to be successful in the given role is typically 15+years. At least 10+ years of prior management experience is required. Proven leadership experience with a large scope is required.
Working Knowledge of the Following Technologies:
* Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint Server, Windows Server, and Windows Desktop
* Oracle technologies including DBMS and SOA
* Red Hat Linux
* Mainframe technologies
* SAN (iSCSI and fiber) and related storage technologies
* Data center infrastructure and operations
* Data communication hardware and technologies including switches, firewalls, load balancers, routers, IP, SONET, MPLS, and DWDM
* Voice and video communications hardware and technologies including PBX, VOIP, and unified messaging
* Service desk operations and operations/monitoring technologies, including working with offshore managed service providers
* Experience with customer contact center systems and infrastructure
* Detail understanding of ITIL concepts and their implementation
* Proven IT leadership and staff development skills
* Ability to manage highly-available complex infrastructure with 24/7 availability and support
* Experience with regulatory compliance issues management including knowledge of best practices in application and network security
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Solid oral and written communication skills, including hands-on ability with MS Office products
* Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment with aggressive project timeframes
* Excellent technical documentation skills
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Infrastructure Technology thought leadership - the ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, products then build road maps and make recommendations
* Strong customer service orientation
* Ability to build reliable and cost effective end user solutions as services that can be understood and subscribed to by customer groups ranging from line workers in the field to corporate executives
Directs and controls strategy and execution or the organizations activities within the sub function or major business area managed. Key member of the management team representing the organization in dealings with clients and external bodies. Seasoned leader with extensive business experience, broad and deep functional expertise and significant product knowledge. Primary focus of role is on proactive strategic leadership rather than day to day operational execution, although the role includes significant operational responsibilities.
Problems faced require expertise knowledge and broad-based considerations of variables that impacts the corporation. Develops end-to-end solutions influencing high impact decisions made at a higher hierarchy level. Solutions developed typically have no precedent, and require comprehensive analyses and consideration of original concepts and approaches. Drives implementation of transformational changes in the Corporation that has high impact on the achievement of results for the Corporation. Improves on entire existing practices, leveraging on personal past experiences, and in-depth best practice knowledge.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.