Director, Technology Conferences and Sponsorships
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONA critical aspect of how we are building a leadThe Enterprise Brand Sponsorships team is responsible for positioning and differentiating the Capital One brand and empowering teams across the enterprise to deliver a cohesive and powerful brand experiences - to our customers, prospects, associates and the community at large. ing information-based technology company is the brand reality we curate in the technology and digital communities. The Director of Technology Conferences, Sponsorships and Events will lead the strategy and execution of how Capital One showcases our leadership amongst members of the technology/digital sector, with a balance of showcasing our products, innovation, and also highlighting Capital One as an attractive and innovative company for tech workers.
* Direct strategic and executional management and oversight of technology focused tradeshows and events including AWS: reinvent, Grace Potter, Money 2020 amongst others.
* Develop a cohesive technology events long term strategy and integrated marketing plan, taking into account brand strategy, line of business strategy, and human resources strategy.
* Lead the evaluation and negotiation of new events and tradeshows, determining brand and technology fit, and alignment with business objectives. Determine and manage budgeting of tradeshows and events per year.
* Lead all elements of event planning, including financial operations, dissemination of promotional materials, client interaction, lead generation efforts and onsite execution
* Select, negotiate and manage all external vendors, including experiential marketing, booth and exhibition, and creative agencies with a goal of creating efficiencies across event.
* Partner with cross functional teams, including brand strategy, human resources, technology and other internal constituents to develop a technology trade show road map and annual plan. This includes determining organizational level objectives for technology events, and objectives and metrics for each individual event.
* Understand individual line of business needs in order to build activations that maximize return on investment and key sponsorship objectives.
* Candidates should have experience in leading social and digital marketing campaigns in support of events.
What you will bring:
* Passion for technology, events and tradeshows and experience developing new and unique experiential activation within the trade show environment.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience interacting with senior executives.
* Proven autonomous leadership in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to drive and drive projects across a cross-functional team.
* Proficiency with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Demonstrated ability to handle complex negotiations maximizing ROI.
* Record of sound decision making under pressure/compressed timelines.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
* Flexibility to travel 40%.
* Bachelor's degree or Military experience.
* At least 8 years of experience in tradeshow and event marketing with a focus on technology and digital events.
* At least 5 years of experience managing a team.
* At least 10 years of experience in tradeshow and event marketing with a focus on technology and digital events.
* At least 8 years of experience managing a team.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.