Director, Yield Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Vox Media Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONVox Media is one of the fastest growing media companies today, combining the best content, technology, and distribution capabilities to connect with an audience of 170mm people each month who rely on us for a modern, intelligent take on the world around them. We're solving the problem of developing high-value digital journalism, storytelling, and brand advertising at scale. Simply put, we create smart media brands for smart audiences.
Vox Media is News (Vox.com), Technology & Culture (The Verge), Sports (SB Nation), Gaming (Polygon), Food and Nightlife (Eater), Fashion and Shopping (Racked), Architecture and Interior Design (Curbed), and Technology & Media (Re/code).
The DIRECTOR OF YIELD MANAGEMENT will lead all yield functions on the Revenue Operations team, responsible for pricing and packaging of all inventory, media strategy and planning, audience data monetization, programmatic operations, and alternate revenue opportunities across all Vox Media brands. This role will work closely with Sales, Sales Leadership, Ad Operations, Ad Product and external technology partners. Both daily and long term responsibilities will include:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manage team responsible for inventory management, audience data monetization, programmatic operations and overall yield management
* Manage yield and revenue to achieve and exceed revenue goals
* Manage revenue opportunities on emerging platforms
* Work closely with Sales and Account Management teams to ensure they have all tools and information necessary to win business
* Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly revenue reporting to senior leadership team
* Expand yield management KPIs and reporting capacity
* Enhance our audience data capabilities
* Achieve non-direct revenue targets
* BA/BSpreferred with strong academic record
* 6+ years of digital media experience
* Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of client services, advertising operations, and ad serving.
* Solid understanding of digital advertising metrics and the current industry trends
* Familiarity with Operative, DFP, Google Analytics
* Ability to handle a heavy workload
* Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and strong attention to detail. Willingness and ability to learn and do whatever is needed to see a project through to completion
* Have an entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial mindset.
About working at Vox Media: WE\'RE BUILDING GREAT THINGS, AND WE NEED YOUR TALENT.
You'll join a family of focused, hard-working, creative and intelligent people who take pride in their work. Our team members have backgrounds in painting, journalism, business, English literature, sports marketing, advertising, photography, grassroots politics, blogging, soccer, sketch comedy--on top of our web design, softwareengineering, sales, and writing experience.
We are passionate about the categories our brands cover: sports, news, technology & culture, gaming, dining & nightlife, shopping & fashion, and design & real estate. But we're all passionate about the web, building tools to foster online community, making each other laugh, and work that's challenging and fun.
OUR INVESTORS INCLUDE ACCEL PARTNERS, ALLEN & COMPANY, AND KHOSLA VENTURES.
VOX MEDIA IS COMMITTED TO BUILDING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR PEOPLE OF ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.