Director and Counsel, Professional Services 9/6/2016
Wappingers Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A client of ours in the MEDICAL EQUIPMENT INDUSTRY based in WAPPINGERS FALLS, NY is seeking a DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM AND FIELD SERVICES. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
The successful candidate will be an executive management professional possessing a lawdegree, with extensive expertise in providing hands-on leadership and strategic vision for a Service operations group. Additionally, the candidate will have experience in the areas of business law, contracts negotiation and intellectual property. This role reports directly to the President of Laerdal, Americas, is a member of the Americas Executive Management Team and will serve as a resource to the Group Executive Management team. Management responsibilities include approximately 5 management level direct reports and a total Services team of approximately 50.
The DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM AND FIELD SERVICES OPERATIONS will:
* DEVELOP STRATEGY. Lead the development and implementation of the Americas strategy for Programs and Services.
* LEADERSHIP. Provide overarching management for field based technical and educational services, program implementation, sustainment and success management, and roles responsible for program management and services execution and delivery.
* COLLABORATE TO ACHIEVE RESULTS. The position holder will take a practical approach to business through collaboration, customer empathy, business operations and leadership skills while also overseeing and guiding legal review of high-level agreements and contracts.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead the Program and Field Services organization - help prioritize, ensure alignment, ability to plan manage and execute projects within targeted time and budget.
* Establishment of policies and procedures that support Services engagement framework, enabling the cost-effective delivery of client deliverables.
* Ownership of internal and external issues through to resolution_._
* A proven performer committed to growth and profitability with a unique talent for building cohesive, motivated and focused teams.
* Leading the facilitation of new strategic approaches to forward the Program and Business Development.
* Effectively lead and manage based on Laerdal standards, multiple direct and indirect reports from within the organization and various geographic regions.
* Communicate team and individual goals and expectations to ensure direct reports understand their responsibilities and provide performance feedback and development through mentoring, career development and performance management activities.
* Building teamwork and improving process and productivity by working within and across functional areas.
* Demonstrates a flexible and client-centric approach to managing teams and engaging with customers
* Develop positive working relationships with all teams across the organization.
* Provide strategic direction in the areas of strategic agreement development, contract analysis and negotiation.
* Responsible for oversight and negotiating corporate contracts relating to partnership/OEM agreements, vendor relations, sales and marketing.
* Successfully mitigate legal risk and financial exposure in service engagements by analyzing statements of work for project milestones/deliverables discrepancies.
* Strong knowledge of current legal issues pertaining to medical device industry and technology agreements, specifically complex software licensing arrangements.
* Communication & Collaboration
* Customer Service
* Business Management
J.D. strongly preferred, may be substituted for relevant and extensive Contract experience.
B.A. or B.S. required
10+ years of developing, leading and retaining teams in a Services or Operations group
Contract expertise as it pertains to intellectual property, negotiations, legal terms and conditions, software licensing, and risk compliance.
Healthcare industry experience is preferred, including understanding of the marketplace and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
Proven track record of effectively handling complex projects, to meet the needs of customers.
Self-starter with ability to work in a hands-on, dynamic environment.
Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, both internally and externally.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V