Director - eCommerce
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDIRECTOR, ECOMMERCE, BIC NORTH AMERICA
BIC(R) products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC(R) one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
Based in Shelton, CT and reporting to the SVP, US Sales, this role will play a pivotal part in the organization, helping to set business strategy and serving as the sales, marketing and business lead for the BIC ecommerce business. This role will lead every aspect of our go-to-market strategy in ecommerce and be the "voice of the company" for this channel. This role will own the topline and trade budgets, the eCommerce P&L and the innovation pipeline for this channel. This is a role where leadership, initiative, energy and an ability to work cross-functionally will be critical. The role will have leadership for BIC team members and will have day-to-day exposure across all the NAM functional leaders, the NAM Leadership team and peers across the BIC Group.
The ideal candidate will be someone who cannot get enough of the digital world and has an appetite to change the game in the CPG online space. The candidate will be organized, creative, have a keen sense for making decisions out of vast data sets, have a game changing mentality and applicable experience at a fast-paced consumer packaged goods company or digital agency.
* Develop and implement ecommerce sales marketing strategies across all channels to market
* Build strong working relationships with pure play, omni channel customers and gain their confidence that the right products, at the right price are available to them
* Conduct research and analyze market data to determine future products and concepts that maximizes profit potential
* Develop a commercially-focused ecommerce function that has strategic and operational capability and plays a significant role in attaining the growth objectives of the company
* With a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, recommend pricing and product introductions across all categories
* Utilize input and market insight of various teams for the development of category plans, product and packaging innovations and pricing models that can be applied in the marketplace
* Recognize and utilize new technologies that become available to keep the company ahead of competitors
* Develop e-commerce plans and programs to generate incremental revenue and profit
* Ensure website/catalogues communicate products and capabilities clearly
* Ensure strategies are appropriate to customers' needs and drive growth and competitive advantage
* Develop synergistic and coherent promotional programs with external distribution channels that raise standards, improve efficiency and drive world-class best practices
* Build strong cross-functional relationships ensuring that ecommerce remains at the heart of the commercial agenda
* Drive continuous improvement in customer focus and delivery of brand values across the organization
* Ensure the creative agenda is aligned with key commercial drivers and all brand-building opportunities are fully exploited
* Mentor and develop staff to ensure maximum utilization of their talent and foster a strong sense of teamwork
* 10+ years of professional experience, preferably with a consumer products company in the digital space
* Preferred experience selling to Amazon and other ecommerce customers
* Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to collaborate across departments and levels
* A fast-paced, multi-tasking expert with strong work ethic
* Ability to simplify the complex
* A high energy individual who is passionate about, and has shown success in, influencing others
* A team player, comfortable with ambiguity and deadline pressures
* Outstanding communication skills - both oral and written
* A business mindset that is open to new ideas and approaches to solving problems
* The confidence to explore new areas that have applicability to the business
* Able to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers
* A bias for challenging the status quo
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Well-developed understanding of consumer trends
* Able to travel up to 25%
* Bachelor's Degree
* MBA (Helpful)