Director of API Strategic Sourcing
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Alcami is a leading provider of services that encompass the entire process of pharmaceutical drug development from discovery through commercialization. We specialize in analytical chemistry, formulation development, clinical packaging, oral drug delivery and contract manufacturing. The company has experienced significant growth and we have continued to attract the most highly skilled professionals in the industry.
With nearly 1,000 employees operating out of seven sites in the US and Europe, our combined capabilities include API development and manufacturing are worldly recognized. Come join our team!
Located in Germantown, Wisconsin, Alcami is part of the growing southeast Wisconsin biotech/pharma cluster. The area boasts global market leaders in contract pharmaceutical services, and a rapidly growing number of academic incubators. A short drive from Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee, Germantown offers residents a small town quality of life with convenient access to major Midwest cities. Residents enjoy an excellent school district and many local recreation attractions, in addition to national sports teams (Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers and Bucks), and a vibrant waterfront park community that includes world class art museums and children's museums.
Plans, directs and executes the activities of the Strategic Sourcing/Procurement department.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Lead the API Strategic sourcing and affiliated procurement functions within Alcami Corporation.
* Be a key contributor in the implementation of World Class API supply chain sourcing activities
* Together with functional leaders, prepare, distribute and analyze responses to request for proposals (RFP); manage supplier evaluation and selection process; identify sources of supplies and services and develop relationships with suppliers
* Negotiate agreements and ensure compliance to existing contracts as appropriate
* Assist internal clients to develop metrics to manage and measure supplier performance
* Perform supplier negotiations on one-off purchases that are not covered by an existing contract
* Facilitate the development and distribution of reports on sourcing initiatives, supplier analysis, cost savings and avoidance
* In collaboration with internal stakeholders, resolve supplier quality and/or services issues as appropriate
* Establish strong business relationships with suppliers and internal customer groups
* Work closely with Legal to ensure contract terms are supported
* Prepare and execute all relevant department SOPs; identify improvement and enhancements in policies, processes and procedures; adjust existing policies to align with on-going continuous improvement activities
* Construct short-term purchasing plans aligned with approved project budgets as well as long-term purchasing plans designed to support corporate growth objectives
* Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Job Requirements
Education and Experience
* BA or BS degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related technical field (additional procurement qualification and certification preferred)
* 12+ years' experience in a diverse purchasing/sourcing function within the API industry is a prerequisite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong negotiation and purchase agreement drafting skills, organization and ability to multi-task
* Demonstrated ability to develop and lead the implementation of strategic sourcing projects
* Demonstrated leadership and management ability needed to lead procurement function and manage employees.
* High communications skill required to establish strong relationships both internally and externally
We invite all qualified applicants to apply. We offer competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and opportunity for advancement.
Alcami is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.