Director of Accounting
Skyline Exhibits of Central Ohio, LLC is an award winning, certified woman owned business. We help our clients succeed with design, service, and high quality trade show displays. We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified candidate for the role of Full-time Director of Accounting to join our team. The ideal candidate is a resourceful self-starter who can work independently, as well as part of a team, and a have a "no detail is too small" attitude. This candidate will have exceptional time management and attention to detail.
The Director of Accounting ensures that routine daily bookkeeping and accounting needs are met, while assisting the organization in defining and implementing strategic opportunities for growth. The Director of Accounting is an integral part of the leadership team.
If you are looking for a career with a company where you can thrive in an ever-changing entrepreneurial environment, Skyline Exhibits of Central Ohio may be right for you. We are a team of professionals dedicated to helping our clients succeed. We accomplish this through our team of dedicated and passionate employees. We offer a fun, creative, and challenging environment, always looking for a way to do things better. We work hard, but love what we do and are looking for individuals who want to make a difference.
The advantages of working at Skyline extend beyond the very attractive benefits package. In addition, we offer employees:
* Monthly company events.
* PTO donation program.
* Community service opportunities.
* Flexible summer hour's program.
* A strong commitment to continuing education and professional development.
* Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, taxes, and other obligations.
* Compare and evaluate possible financial decisions and make and implement decisions after considering all variables and outcomes.
* Prepare and review accounting processes and operations, accounting records, financial statements, budgets and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
* Oversee accounting processes including payables, receivables, journal entries, and reconciliations.
* Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to determine the financial resources required to implement a program.
* Consult with managers to ensure budget adjustments are made in agreement with program changes.
* Interpret budget directives and establish policies for carrying out directives.
* Manage Business Operations Associate and back-up as needed.
* Set up new employees in payroll. Coordinate employment and customer paperwork, including tax withholding and reporting documents, exemption certificates, and other financial forms paperwork.
* Prepare, calculate and review payroll, including PTO used, commission, expense reports, and bonuses.
* Discuss and evaluate company tax projections with CFO. Participate in tax preparation process with accounting firm.
* Ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable components including: billings, cash receipts, etc.
* Conduct end of year work in conjunction with accounting firm to ensure all accounts are properly reconciled and closed. Ensure accuracy and submit W2 statements.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: The successful candidate for this position will have, at minimum, the following skills, experience and characteristics.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to learn and add new job responsibilities on a continual basis.
* Ability to interact and work with all SECO employees in a constructive and productive manner.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously; to establish schedules and coordinate resources to meet deadlines, complete projects, and achieve goals.
* Integrity and high value on ethical and moral behavior regarding organizational operations, customer confidentiality, and overall team interactions.
* Continued interested in learning and personal development to grow as a leader and to help the organization continue growing.
* Accountability, reliability, honesty, and integrity.
* Proactive strategic thinker who will own the responsibility for the company's finances.
* Solid experience coordinating financial activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, and accounts payable and receivable.
* Strong analytic and problem solving skills and knowledge of strategic data interpretation.
* Associate degree preferred or equivalent work experience
* Five (5) or more years' experience in a similar role
* Knowledge of accounting industry/relevant financial management practices strongly preferred.
* Experience with a growing, entrepreneurial company or companies highly desired.
* Mid-to-advanced level computer skills (at least 5 years' experience), including: QuickBooks* Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel*, MS Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
*QuickBooks and/or Excel test may be required as part of the interview and selection process.
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Opportunity to participate in the Company's 401(k) program, and voluntary supplemental insurance programs.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. This position is physically located in central Ohio and no relocation is offered.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PARTNERING WITH BOLDLYGO CAREER AND HR MANAGEMENT TO FILL THIS POSITION. ALL RESUMES AND A COVER LETTER OUTLINING YOUR COMPENSATION EXPECTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AS DIRECTED ON THIS SITE. ANY INQUIRIES TO OUR OFFICE WILL BE DIRECTED TO BOLDLYGO.
_We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based on military or veteran status or any other legally protected classification. This is a non-smoking, drug-free environment. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. _