Director of Accounting Policy and SOX 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OUR CLIENT IS A DYNAMIC LEADER IN BUSINESS SPACE WITH OVER $6B IN REVENUE AND $200B IN ASSETS AND IS IN THE PROCESS OF RELOCATING ITS CORPORATE HQ TO THE CHARLOTTE AREA. A CRITICAL ROLE HAS BEEN CREATED AT THE DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING POLICY AND CONTROLS. THIS ROLE WILL INTERFACE DIRECTLY WITH THE CAO AND WILL DEVELOP A NEW DEPARTMENT.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF FOCUS IN THE AREA OF ACCOUNTING POLICY AND SOX WILL INCLUDE:
* *Stock Compensation
* *Fixed Assets
* *Implementation of new GAAP guidance
* *Coordinate process including a List of Significant Quarterly Issues
* *Initial draft of SAB 99 Memo
* *Initial draft of Audit Committee materials
* Oversee the development and execution of the company's SOX compliance program while ensuring compliance with regulatory rules and deadlines.
* Monitor changing business environment for items that may impact the company.
* Act as the key point of contact for the company's external auditors, internal auditors and process owners on all matters related to SOX compliance, including evaluation and resolution of identified control deficiencies.
* Conduct risk assessments of key accounts, financial reporting processes and information systems, and coordinate the scope of the annual SOX assessment process, ensuring adequate coverage with internal audit.
* Coordinate with IT Compliance on the design, implementation and evaluation of IT general and automated system controls and configurations.
* Evaluate the design of internal control activities, maintain and update key controls, ensure SOX documentation reflects a high level of quality.
* Coordinate control testing with Internal Audit and support the timely execution of testing.
* Serve as a technical resource on all SOX matters, including development, refinement and documentation of internal controls.
* Collaborate with process owners and others to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls.
* Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement.
* Prepare management's annual assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting for senior management review and approval.
* Experience in SOX management and/or SOX consulting a plus.
* Must possess a high degree of accuracy in work; detail oriented.
* Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Good analytical, computer (Word; Excel), and organization skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines; the ability to work well with all levels of management.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong problem solving skills.
* Strong technical understanding of US GAAP, SOX, COSO is required.
* Must have 10years of experience including public accounting working significantly on audits of public companies
* Must have CPA certificate
* Previous experience having developed accounting policy and/or SOX departments would be ideal