Director of Accounting and Risk 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sporting Goods--Rosemont, IL--Salary Commensurate with Experience
* Company offers full benefits, including health, dental, and vision.
* 401K will be matched 0.5% up to 6%.
* Join this unique private-equity owned company--for the freedom to express yourself and utilize your skills in a fast-paced environment.
NOTE FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
Targeting 5+ years of Big 4experience and 2-5years of experience in a corporate technical accounting position preferred. Hiring manager came from the Big 4.
POSITION SUMMARY FOR THE DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING AND RISK
The Director of Accounting and Risk provides leadership, direction, and coordination of company financial reporting, treasury, and risk management. Director of Accounting and Risk will ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. He or she will also evaluate and report complex financial information in the areas of internal, external, financial institution, and governmental requirements. This position serves as the financial resource for the CFO, external auditors, tax accountants, regulatory agencies, and risk management functions. The Director of Accounting and Risk provides direction in developing process improvements in financial reporting and analysis, cash management, currency hedging, and risk management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING AND RISK
* Manage day to day operations of the accounts receivable and credit departments.
* Monitor and analyze monthly operating results and manages working capital.
* Prepare monthly consolidated financial statement package, including product line statements, statement of cash flows, etc.
* Work with Corporate and Departmental Management and staff to prepare financial reporting requirements including monthly bank compliance.
* Establish and implement financial policies and procedures.
* Establish and maintain an internal controls infrastructure.
* Serve as the primary technical accounting resource relative to company financial issues.
* Direct and support internal and external financial audits.
* Manage Tax relationship with external service provider and directs them in performing returns and ad hoc analysis.
* Manage Corporate treasury and banking.
* Enforce policies, procedures, controls and/or actions and recommending changes as appropriate.
* Manage risk management including product liability insurance and required hedging.
* Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and technical accounting research.
MINIMUM EDUCATION CPA and/or MBA preferred.
* Minimum of 5years of Public Accounting with exposure to technical financial issues.
* Minimum 7years of related experiencerequired.
* 2-5years of experience in a controller or senior-level finance or accounting position preferred.
* Excellent proficiency in MS Office applications, primarily Excel.
* Extensive experience using automated accounting and financial reporting systems.
* Working knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
* Extensive knowledge of a variety of financial concepts, practices, processes, and procedures.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED OF THE DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING AND RISK
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
* Solid business and finance acumen.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to rely onexperienceand judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Strong multi-tasking and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work independently within deadlines.
* Strong analytical, math, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Strong financial modeling skills.
* Wide degree of creativity and latitude.