Director of Accounts Receivable 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE is responsible for overseeing all billing, credit, collections, cash applications and accounts receivable operations. This role will establish strategic and collaborative methods of increasing cash flow, reducing bad debt and increasing sales volume. Director of A/R will standardize processes and procedures and continuously improve the financial and operational processes of the group.
This position is responsible for the quality and collection of an A/R portfolio of approximately $400 million.
* Manage centralized billing/credit/collections and cash applications for all North America facilities
* Drive process improvements through setting targets for key metrics and implementing more efficient tools
* Establish credit levels for new customers and periodic credit evaluations on all existing customers
* Analyze receivable aging, identify credit risks/trends, and propose solutions that will maximize sales and minimize credit exposure through effective credit structuring
* Manage processes for assessment and extension of credit, collection of receivables, application of cash received and AR/DSO forecasting
* Prepare and review reports on the status of credit and collections matters with senior management
* Actively manage and develop team through setting challenging goals and maintaining accountability in order to meet companywide objectives
* Establish goals and monitor key performance metrics to measure the quality and efficiency of the invoicing, credit and collection processes
* Oversee periodic credit evaluations on all active customers
* Develop relationships with sales, accounting, legal and other departments in order to provide transparency into the credit/collection process as well as consistently enhance the overall quality of the credit and collection process
* Responsible for personnel development, assigning and directing work, setting objectives, performance management and other managerial tasks
4 YEAR COLLEGE DEGREE IN ACCOUNTING/FINANCE/BUSINESS IS REQUIRED.
Local candidates only please
* 10+ years of relevant experience including B2B, Waste, Energy, Industrial or Manufacturing sector
* 5+ years of managerial experience
* Proven ability to perform strategic planning and priority setting for a billing department
* Ability to provide outstanding customer service while maintaining financial systems of high integrity, ethical standards and compliance with policies, procedures and internal controls
* Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and solving problems
* Strong system experience in the billing, collection and cash application areas
* A knowledge of credit industry standards