Director of Advanced Clinical Applications
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job Code: 09391-55526
TriStar StoneCrest proudly serves Rutherford County Tennessee and surrounding communities. Our 109-bed hospital offers complete medical care for adults and children, including emergency, surgical, maternity, imaging, cardiology, neurology, orthopaedic, physical medicine, sleep medicine and oncology services. Our medical staff of about 500 physicians includes more than 45 specialties. Many of our physicians have offices on or near the hospital campus. Our entire staff is committed to providing quality and safe patient care while offering compassion and comfort in our modern facility.
* Implementation and support of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to CPOE and advanced clinical applications and tools.
* Development, execution, and support of education plan, tools and resources focused on the CPOE clinical initiative.
* Facilitation and project leadership of the CPOE and advanced clinical system functions implementation.
* Resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources.
* Evidence Based Order set review, approval, and build within the facility.
* Ongoing monitoring of various advanced clinicals usage trend reports. Identify gaps/areas of opportunity and develop action plan to address areas of concern.
* Provides leadership and representation on executive committees (Med Exec, Administration, etc), serves as communications specialist for physician stakeholders
* Identify gaps and opportunities in departmental process mapping of current state and the future state workflows
* Provide system and operations expertise for implementation of process & system changes
* Provide Go-Live support (elbow support), and order workflow support
* Participate in systems training for project team, serve as Super User for Clinicians
* Provides specialized support for physicians during Go-Live
* Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in CPOE to support staff training and continued education
* Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices in the area of CPOE
* Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
* Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree required, clinical degree
* Three to five years experience in clinical applications support or equivalent
* Mature understanding of Meditech
* Understands pertinent regulatory guidelines such as Joint Commission, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR
* Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated customer orientation
* Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
* Demonstrated advanced computer skills
* An understanding, enthusiasm and commitment to the goals of the project
* Leadership skills to direct others and maintain a common vision for project objectives. Must be a motivator
* The ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the practice, as well as with vendors and other outside agents. Must have an interdisciplinary focus
* Effective organizational skills
* Good problem solving and analytical skills
* Existing knowledge of the facility s clinical/operational processes, challenges and Meditech environment
* The ability to delegate tasks and enlist the cooperation and/or assistance of team members and others
Last Edited: 08/29/2016