Director of Clinical Informatics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08621-9798
EASTSIDE MEDICAL CENTER is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
EASTSIDE is seeking a DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL INFORMATICS to work FULL-TIME.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY TO JOIN THIS GREAT EASTSIDE LEADERSHIP TEAM!
The Clinical Informatics Director is responsible for facilitation and leadership of Clinical Informatics by leading the implementation of, and providing ongoing support for corporate/division/facility-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to the electronic health record and other clinically related technologies. She/he is responsible for development, coordination, execution, support, and completion of project assessments, project advancements, parameter settings, workflow mapping, tools, and resources focused on Clinical Informatics initiatives including but not limited to provider order entry and documentation, standard clinical documentation, Meaningful Use, and other technology that supports clinician workflow. The director will participate in the company-wide community of Informatics by working with facility leadership, corporate, and division peers to ensure clinical applications are well supported throughout the facility.
* Implementation and support of corporate and division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to the EHR and other clinical informatics initiatives.
* Development, execution, and support of education plan, tools and resources focused on the EHR and other clinical informatics initiatives. This includes training and onboarding of new providers and staff.
* Facilitation and project leadership of CPOE and Evidenced-Based Clinical Documentation (EBCD) and other technology implementations that support clinician workflow.
* Resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or health system service resources.
* Oversight of Evidence Based Order set review, approval, and build.
* Ongoing monitoring of various EHR utilization trends. Identify gaps/areas of opportunity and develop action plan to address areas of concern.
* Interface with IT&S to ensure standardization and compliance with best practice models, specifically as it relates to the integrity of the electronic health record.
* Bachelor s degree required, clinical degree preferred.
* Current (per State) RN license
* Minimum 3 to 5 years of clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in Clinical/Healthcare Informatics, clinical applications support, or equivalent preferred; Meditech experience strongly preferred.
* Must have previous experience leading large projects which includes implementation of supportive technology.
Last Edited: 10/20/2016