Director of Ancillary Lab/Radiology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY: The Corporate Director of Radiology/Imaging Services and Laboratory Services take the lead role in the development, orchestration and implementation of an enterprise-wide imaging and laboratory services function. The Directors of Imaging and Laboratory at each of the facilities are responsible for day-to-day operations at their respective institutions, and have a dotted line to this position.
* Chairs the IASIS system-wide protocols, policies, and procedures as well as processes, consults and works closely with all clinical staff.
* Ability to establish strategic plans for the future, to anticipate the growing needs of the enterprise, to implement and integrate change in order to keep the organization ahead of the curve. Willingness, ability, and energy to create a showcase model of imaging/laboratory services to compliment IASIS strategies as an industry leader.
* In-depth knowledge of today s healthcare economics relative to fiscal management and cost control in Imaging and Laboratory Services is required. Experienced at managing Imaging/Laboratory Services budgets mindful need for consistent improvement in financial performance of the department. Skilled and creative in managing schedules and personnel for maximum production and efficacy.
* Demonstrates past ability to improve metrics. Demonstrated ability to orchestrate and nurture efforts of a team of skilled, competent and seasoned managers, supervisors, and technologists. Must be an able recruiter and bring a record for attracting, retaining, and enhancing skill level of managers and technologists. Proven mentoring and delegation skills desired.
* Business acumen with record of outstanding achievement as a business manager, demonstrating successful leadership in administration of clinical/technical programs and operations within a complex healthcare environment. Forward thinking and knowledgeable of current research and future modalities in imaging services and radiology systems.
* Proven assessment skills of both people and operations, with abilities to organize, establish and manage imagining services in a manner to ensure patient/family sensitive, customer driven, expert care in an efficient timely manner.
* Ensures the development of Services metrics (People, Quality, Financial, Service). Proven ability to collect, monitor and interpret data to enhance employee performance and improve the design of relevant systems for efficiency.
* Tangible management style, visible and active within the departments, with previous experiences and career track demonstrating competence in relevant technical skill sets. Strategic thinker, well versed in current imagining services modalities with extensive all-around knowledge base and a good grasp of strategic and operational issues.
* Marketing minded, with awareness of the impact of customer service upon positive community image, public relations, and marketing success for customers both internal and external.
* Knowledge and comfort with computers and advancing technology including web-based delivery of images. History of providing opportunities for staff development through ongoing training programs.
* Expertise in managing: Patient satisfaction scores, internal satisfaction scores and Outpatient Imaging/laboratory Center growth/expansion.
* Other duties included in this position are:
* Managing imaging operations issues
* Policy and Procedures
* Position will have a dotted-line reporting of Radiology, Cardiology Services and Cath Lab and laboratory directors
* Manage contracts related to imaging/laboratory services and operations
SKILL OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have 10 years clinical experience and prior multi-site Information Technology
* 10 years Progressive, documentable accomplishments in increasingly complex managerial roles and experiences earned in imaging/radiology or laboratory services within a large, diverse, complex healthcare environment.
* Breadth of experience encompassing both hospital and outpatient imaging or laboratory services delivery.
* 5 years Documented Director level leadership of imaging or laboratory services within large enterprises, multi-hospital systems, or complex healthcare systems desired.
* An effective communicator who listens and speaks with the ability to engender confidence and trust readily. Skilled at interacting with broad, diverse groups and at orchestrating efforts of Staff, MD s and Administration.
* Effective stand up and outstanding presentation skills, and leadership stature to chair clinical staff meetings, and conduct open forum discussions.
* Able to facilitate multiple competing priorities and divergent viewpoints.
* Excellent follow through skills with record for initiating action and responding to constituents in a timely way. Propensity to go above and beyond, taking action that goes beyond job requirement in order to achieve organizational objectives.
* Desires to lead a genuine customer-centered attitude to patient care with the ability to incorporate that philosophy into user friendly Imaging Services to patients and their families.
EDUCATION OR SPECIFIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
4 year Degree required, ARRT radiologic technologist required, CRA required or equivalent certifications as a Medical Technologist.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS NEEDED:
Position located in Franklin TN at Corporate HQ. 90% travel requirement
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job: Management Non-Clinical
Primary Location: Tennessee-Franklin/Nashville
Organization: IASIS Healthcare
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days