Director of Application Development (Inventory, Finance and Benefits Investigation)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20004173
The role has responsibility for strategy, relationship management, application development, application design and overall project delivery of all Specialty Finance initiatives within the Specialty Finance COE
* Partner with the Specialty Finance Operations organizations to drive overall IT roadmap across cross functional teams to achieve financial goals and outcomes defined by the business
* Partner with other enterprise verticals (Home Delivery, Core Finance, Claims, etc) to align and integrate to the broader enterprise finance and data strategy including:
* Recommend and implement technology solutions to enable increased controls and accuracy for financial and revenue cycle management business. Current technology focus areas include: Inventory, Finance (procurement), Benefit Investigation and clearance; workflow.
* This position will initially focus on optimizing current revenue cycle management solutions in RxHome and as part of a broader Specialty system and business transformation; including, evaluating and implementing a RCM solution to provide better controls, quality and accuracy.
* This position will take a leadership role in leading the application program delivery around this transformation program; including, ensuring team on-time / on-budget project delivery and associated business benefits are achieved.
* This role will work very closely with the Specialty Inventory, Month End Close Product development team and Core Finance development team to enable a product-centric business strategy, as well as work cross-functionally across other parts of the broader ESI organization around the Specialty finance strategy.
* This role will lead a team of 5-8 employees (plus 15-20 contractors); including: recruiting, onboarding and workforce strategy for 10+ team members over the next 3-6.
* This position will need to balance a wide variety of initiatives and leverage relationships to effectively prioritize efforts across IT areas as well as proving vision and guidance around the design, roadmap/strategic planning, development, and release of new capabilities utilizing multiple development paradigms, including agile.
* Bachelor s Degree Required; Master s Degree Preferred
* 10-15 years of IT leadership, 1-2 years in the Specialty PBM industry strongly preferred
* Proven track record of implementing industry-leading Oracle solution strongly desired.
* Experience leading a team leveraging agile development delivery methods; including, Scrum and Kanban
* Strong ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale
* Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
* Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting required
* Demonstrated ability to manage toward budget and work plan goals
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
* Excellent communication skills, including presentations and negotiations
* Familiarity with Healthcare or Specialty Pharmacy / PBM industry very helpful
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel requirements
* Leaders Lead and the Express Way
* Experience in Health Care Industry a Plus.
* Experience in Revenue Cycle Management and Electronic Document Management Technology
* Experience developing enterprise software applications in a C++, Java/J2EE, Oracle
*LI-JI1 ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Application Development is focused on creating, testing and deploying client and patient applications that run our renowned customized service delivery system. These teams use traditional and Agile application development disciplines, depending on client, partner and patient requirements. The following functional areas make up the Application Development community:
Home Delivery & Application Services This team leads application development strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Home Delivery and patient systems. They also manage all centralized functions for quality assurance, release management and production support operations.
Home Delivery Home Delivery oversees application development strategy and execution, including business relationship management for all Home Delivery, Contact and Digital systems.
PHARMACY BENEFIT MANAGEMENT (PBM) The PBM group is responsible for application design, development and strategy for all core PBM systems including Benefits & Eligibility, Clinical Programs, Coverage Review Determination, Supply Chain, Retail Networks, Client Data, Adjustments and Claims Adjudication. This team partners with Clinical Solutions, Client Services, Supply Chain, Operations, Product and Account Management to bring innovative solutions and service to clients and patients.
SPECIALTY The Specialty team manages application development, strategy and execution, and business relationship management for Specialty systems.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.