Director of Application Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Working with the Service Lines and other Senior Leadership, this position is responsible for the company's strategic leadership for software architecture and development, implementation, and release roadmap. Responsible for the creation of project plans, budget, requirements and backlog prioritization. Works with development and testing teams to drive projects to completion, manages the release schedule, plans and provides direction for necessary documentation and training, manages outside vendors to ensure the successful delivery of releases.
PRIMARY / ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Own and collaborate with stakeholders on platform architecture. Continuously define and monitor project assumptions. Document and communicate project requirements to senior leadership team and other parties as necessary. Manage the application roadmap planning.
* Master of everything application-specific, the overall design of application architectures, which maps to the enterprise solution architecture with a strong understanding of infrastructure architecture and security architecture concepts. Manage project variables, namely scope, delegation and timeline.
* Translates strategic requirements into a usable enterprise architecture focusing on application modeling, working with users, managers and corporate leadership. Communicate and collaborate with enterprise solution designers. Provide leadership to the software development teams on a daily basis addressing resource, personnel and technical issues and giving guidance.
* Experienced in commercial software development using Web, mobile applications, and SOA technology platforms a plus. Should be knowledgeable in both SOAP and REST technologies and have experience to know best use case. Expert-level hands-on experience with the Microsoft technology stack.
* Support technical innovation and lead the creation, continual refinement, and active enforcement of the development and architectural standards in order to ensure that developed technology can be leveraged as a sustainable competitive advantage
* Develop and manage requirements specifications and functional design. Work to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans in order to oversee completion.
* Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to senior management on services architectural and implementation approaches to gain consensus, including an ability to translate complex technical topics to audiences with a range of technical sophistication. Contribute to documentation such as functional specifications, budget estimates, and timelines.
* Expected to excel in mentoring, coaching and team building.
* Minimum 8+ years of direct project management experience within a web applications environment.
* Hands-on Management experience of the full SDLC for web applications including design, development, analysis and support
* Working knowledge of Java, .NET, PHP,SQL Server or other databases.
* Prior hands-on development experience is required
* Effective communication skills
* Strong knowledge of SCRUM and agile methodologies.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills required
Adreima fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to eligible applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal and state employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws.