Director of Business Development 8/11/2016
Whitham Group Executive Search
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Director, Business Development
The Director of Business Development is responsible for driving growth in the Renewable Energy Industries and engaging with companies who already have a strong interest in the product. In this role you will be working with businesses in the solar industry and engaging them to exhibit at events like The Solar Power International which is powered by the SEIA. You will travel to exciting locations both domestically and internationally meeting some of the industry's most amazing people! This position is located in Alexandria, VA and work out of the HQ.
* Implements the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan.
* Performs market research and analysis.
* Furnish advice and counsel to marketing and sales.
* Monitor solar and related industries for development of new market segments.
* Identifies new opportunities/ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, web and social media.
* Finds or proposes potential deals by contact potential partners.
* Evaluates potential deals by analyzing market direction, requirements, potential and financials.
* Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying and understand the implementation/integration and impact of the new venture and partner organizations.
* Creates impeccable customer relationships.
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
* Supports budget development and tracking.
* Work closely with marketing, sales and partner organizations.
* Assists in the development of marketing collateral.
* Manage and evaluate vendors and consultants.
* Provide accurate and timely reporting
* At least 3+ years' experience in business development, sales or marketing in the Solar Space.
* Knowledge of information systems used for data collection and analysis i.e. Salesforce.
* Knowledge of trade show management is a plus but not necessary. We will teach you!.
* Closing skills.
* Motivation for sales.
* Prospecting skills.
* Selling to customer needs.
* Market knowledge.
* Presentation skills.
* High energy level.
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, energy or a related field or commensurate work experience.
Competitive Compensation with bonusing. Five weeks PTO, 401K with matching, life insurance, disability insurance.