Director of Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Privately Held Industrial Construction Firm
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client is dedicated to building a world class Industrial construction company focused on serving clients in the southeastern United States. Our Client's objective is to be recognized as the specialty mechanical contractor of choice to leading firms in the power, petroleum refining, chemical processing, metals and paper markets.
Our Client performs specialty services such as turnaround and shutdown services, scaffolding, insulation and certified code welding. The Company also provides boiler maintenance and repair, mechanical maintenance and new construction and capital project execution. They also offer fabrication services with ASME S and U Stamp certified staff. Our Client is a subsidiary of a privately held, family business which is almost 100 years old.
The successful candidate will lead business development/marketing efforts for various markets, supporting the General Manager and President in market analysis, targeting clients/projects, identifying and communicating with empowered client contacts, all to achieve overall Company objectives and appropriate growth results in the heavy industrial markets (process; power; oil, gas and chemical; metals).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Administer Business Development Unit policies, procedures and organizational structure within the boundaries set by Company policy and the management team.
* Initiate new potential client contacts, organize and tender qualification data to clients, and supplement proposal effort as required, within approved budget goals.
* Provide input and maintain proper utilization of client reporting system for communicating client contacts, current targeted project status, and known future bidding opportunities (CRM).
* Develop strategies to meet Company business development goals.
* Provide optimum project opportunities which will permit the business unit to realize its growth objectives.
* Works with estimating and operations teams to assess project teams.
* Perform research to identify, qualify and prioritize potential markets, projects and customers within the strategic plan.
* Lead the development of major presentations, marketing and brochure materials. Train and assist project personnel to make effective client presentations.
* Initiate and maintain an open and timely level of communication with managers and executives, to maintain management team efficiency.
* Reevaluate, monitor, and communicate meaningful and appropriate company-wide safety metrics to drive progress
* Active participation in the due diligence and successful integration of acquisitions
* Minimum of fifteen years of experience in the heavy industrial construction markets with recent, relevant business development experience within the Southeast.
* Must have contacts and well-established relationships with clients in various industrial construction markets (process; power; oil, gas and chemical; metals), with the proven ability to develop and cultivate new client relationships.
* Must be familiar with lump sum, time & material, and competitive bid environment.
* Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and CRM sales softwarerequired.
* Demonstrated leadership, sales and strategic planning skills.
* Must have strong writing skills and strong presentation skills.
* Ability to travel as needed.