- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director of Business Development, Industrial
Understands and translates the needs of a Strategic Customer so that the sum of the orchestrated services rendered fulfills or exceeds the customer's expectations, thereby developing and enhancing a long-lasting, profitable and rewarding business partnership.
This is the lead senior sales position, responsible for a determined number of strategic customers in the Industrial vertical as defined by KN.
This position acts as the lead and coordinator of the synchronized sales campaign for a set number of strategic customers. They accomplish this through the following list of responsibilities and activities.
* Responsible to know the decision and organizational layer of the Strategic Customer and marries KN management with Strategic Customer management.
* Together with the Industrial Vertical Owner(s), create and manage the network of sales resources around the given Strategic Customer(s).
* Working with the Industrial Vertical Owners, determine the required resources within KN to capitalize on value creation opportunities.
* Responsible as the primary lead for the management of the Strategic Customer Business Plan jointly developed with the Industrial Vertical Owner(s).
* Set, meet and exceed business revenue goals agreed upon with the Industrial Vertical Owner of the strategic customer(s).
* Act as the single point for the selling of all KN services and solutions across all business fields (depending on customer, this may be in conjunction with a dedicated support representative from a given business unit).
* Drive the RFQ response for their assigned Strategic Customer(s), either as the lead, or make sure regional support is assigned to drive offered business opportunity. (In the case of regional specific requirements or RFQs this would be taken up by local KAM assigned to the Strategic Customer, but drive and awareness is funneled through the KAM).
* Conduct regular review sessions and arrange at a minimum of one white board sessions, (global discovery session) with their assigned strategic customer(s).
* Build and maintain strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities for KN.
* Need to be the voice to Industrial Vertical Owners and Senior KN Management of identified issues before they become problems.
* Maintain close communication with customer and KN's operations to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results. Direct operational issues to the correct operational owner.
* Reports in agreed intervals Strategic Customer development to Industrial vertical owner.
* Constantly update their own know-how and skills and look for market/vertical information, activities and development.
* Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of industrial freight forwarding sales experience
* Experience with Logistics processes, systems and solutions
* Seasoned listening skills
* Good analytical skills
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
* Self-disciplined, strong leadership and motivational abilities
* Creative ability in developing sales strategies and solutions and in presenting innovative solutions to customers
* Microsoft Office applications experience.
* Undergraduate degree in logistics or related business field.