Director of Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION***You must have experience selling professional services in AML domain***
Telavance is a leading provider of software products and professional services to the risk, and compliance groups at financial institutions. We are seeking candidates for the role of a Director of Business Development who can complement the existing team and be aggressively involved in the growth of the sales organization. This position will be responsible for implementing business development, sales, relationship management, and marketing activities and ensure these are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy.
Telavance's Business Development function is client-focused and is strategically aligned to the Firm's priorities and passionately focused on positioning a distinctive Telavance brand in the marketplace and driving long-term revenue growth for the firm.
The primary goal is to develop deep understanding of clients' organizations and business issues leading to engagement of Telavance expertise and solutions to improve client outcomes and generate revenue. Relationship targets include key economic buyers such as CCO, CIO, CTO, CRO and other corporate and division leaders and audit committee members, as appropriate.
This role is focused on identifying and winning new business opportunities. Sales activities include:
* Developing and implementing direct sales campaigns leading to new account acquisition
* Matching specific client requirements and business needs to Telavance products and services
* Creating RFP response, proposals, client presentations
* Developing and maintaining a quality pipeline of products and services
* Meeting and exceeding assigned sales target
* Attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and providing feedback and information on market and creative trends
* Submitting weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurately updated on CRM
* Tracking and recording activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet assigned targets
* Understanding the company's goals and purpose to continually enhance the company's performance
* At least 5-7 years professional services sales experience with significant focus in the banking domain and ability to identify new prospects and build new customer relationships. Sales experience with BSA/AML and sanction products is a plus
* Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding goals, and having achieved premium sales "club" recognition
* Demonstrated highly developed selling, customer relations, and negotiation skills
* Demonstrated the ability to:
* Effectively represent client needs to ensure appropriate solutions are brought to the client
* Build trust with clients
* Demonstrated selling effectiveness evidenced by the ability to:
* Consistently and systematically initiate sales calls and contacts; pursue prospects to secure meetings; win referrals and explore sales opportunities
* Solicit information from clients to effectively qualify and scope opportunities; play an active role in discussing and developing solutions with client teams and clients
* Understand client business issues and match them to service capabilities/revenue opportunities
* Control the sales process through effective targeting of buyers and influencers; overcome objections and obstacles to win the business; develop and execute a targeted relationship and account development strategy
* Existing knowledge of the Regulatory Compliance and Enterprise Risk including but not limited to Anti- Money Laundering, BSA/AML, OFAC Sanctions, KYC, CDD, Internal Controls, Governance and Regulatory
* Existing knowledge of AML and Sanction products including but not limited to Actimize, Detica - Norkom, Fircosoft, FIS-PRIME
* Ability to travel
* Remain tenacious and undeterred by criticism and setbacks
* Very good written and verbal communication ability
* Ability to express thoughts and concepts clearly
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Ability to work well with a variety of people and to show team-player attitude regardless the scope of responsibilities