Director of Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Are you a true believer that Bioengineering is the future, and CRISPR is only the beginning We are looking for someone who is inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture.
This position is responsible and accountable for the execution of the critical business function of identifying, developing and growing the company's target client base. This is a hands-on, individual contributor role requiring active outbound sales efforts.
* Develop new leads (inbound + outbound) and new segments (focusing on mid to large clients)
* Operate outside the normal sales cycle and focus on revenue growth
* Developing go-to-market strategies including account plans, lead generation and sales tools
* Stay abreast of industry trends, markets, customer needs and competitive landscape
* Continuously build strong relationships with established companies
* Own, drive and close the entire sales cycle end-to-end
* Identify and manage client profiles critical to closing a deal - influence, budget owner, decision maker, exec sponsor, etc.
* Travel time is up to 50%
* 10+ years of combined startup and corporate sales experience in Life Sciences
* Expertise in helping Life Science companies grow sales globally in both mature and new product markets
* Strong experience in sales management, contracts and supply agreements, customer relations and strategic and tactical sales
* Strong networking and client portfolio (global)
* Hungry and driven to sell to emerging markets
* Technical background in Life Sciences
* Comfortable operating with uncertainty, fast-paced and competitive environments
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Previous experience working as a scientist or a researcher
* Advanced degree in a Life Science field
COMPANY PERKS & BENEFITS
* Competitive salary
* Generous equity at an early stage company
* Tax-free medical insurance reimbursement
* Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
* Free catered lunches and dinners