Director of Cardiopulmonary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26750-131
OVIEDO MEDICAL CENTER, a 64-Bed acute care hospital with a 22-bed emergency department, will bring a full range of healthcare services to Seminole County and surrounding communities. The hospital s modern design and up-to-date technology will provide a world-class facility to support local physicians and delivering excellent patient care.
DIRECTOR OF CARDIOPULMONARY
POSITION SUMMARY: Directs the overall organization of the Cardiopulmonary Department and oversees delivery of care for safety and effectiveness as outlined in the Department policies and procedures, and consistent with the therapies of other disciplines. You are expected to smile! Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for twenty four hour operations, practice, and quality of care and services within assigned department.
* Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff.
* Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement to measure, monitor and assess effectiveness and potential adverse effects of care as a mechanism to optimize improvement in patient outcome or prevent patient injury.
* Ensures patient assessment and therapy is appropriate, accurate and patient specific. Ensures documentation of care is timely, accurate, and complete.
* Ensures compliance with CAP, the Joint Commission, and all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements are met.
* Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting Quality/Core Measures, Patient Safety, and Service Excellence goals.
* Ensures department contributes to continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates, and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, treatment, and discharge planning.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety. Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
* Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Develops and fosters effective collaboration between clinical departments, physicians, and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach in providing services to meet the needs of the patients served.
* Recognizes and supports physicians as an important customer.
* Actively supports facility community efforts, and represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
* Models, fosters, and encourages a Service Excellence culture. Assumes responsibility and accountability for departmental implementation, execution, and practice of service excellence.
* Demonstrates respect to the patient, family and/or significant others.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in managing productivity standards. Continuously evaluates and assesses staff assignment, and work process/design to enhance productivity and service delivery to meet stakeholder expectations and business goals.
* Actively monitors budget and evaluates expenditures on a regular basis. Initiates recommendations to ensure department is operating within budget.
* Optimizes the use of supplies, equipment, and services, ensuring high level of clinical care. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or services delivered.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for departmental accuracy in capturing and recording charges for reimbursement of services.
* Provides leadership of the RT-Cardio pulmonary Services function, clinical services and programs. Ensures the selection, retention and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services. Demonstrates accountability for maintaining and monitoring utilization of resources, physical space, equipment, department protocols, standards, policies, and practices.
* Manages staff performance through regular review, real time feedback, and performance planning. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on time. Actively coaches and mentors staff.
* Provides leadership in effectively managing, facilitating and communicating organizational change. Encourages risk taking; fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
* Ensures new staff is oriented to specific job duties with particular focus on safety and infection control.
* Continuously assesses viability of current programs and services. Participates in the development of business plans for department and actively supports the expansion or development of new product lines, services, or innovations that are consistent with hospital vision, mission and values to promote growth in overall volume.
* Demonstrates personal responsibility for professional development. Actively promotes development of self and others through participation in professional organizations, educational opportunities, etc.
* Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to , infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
* Demonstrates and promotes a positive customer service environment, which encourages quality care and enhances the image/reputation of the facility.
* Demonstrates and promotes a culture of recognizing diversity and valuing individual strengths.
* Personal/professional conduct reinforces Company's values and promotes Code of Conduct. Demonstrates ethical and compliance principles in her/his daily activities.
* The leader meets his/her leadership obligations under the Ethics and Compliance program.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in a health related field.
EXPERIENCE: Three-five years experience as a registered Respiratory Therapist. One to three years previous supervisory or management experience required. Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations. Knowledge of respiratory medical equipment.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Current License by the Florida Board of Respiratory Therapy Practitioners or Current FL RN license. Current BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP certification; or BLS, ACLS, PALS Instructor (3/2016)
SKILLS: Organizational, Verbal/Follow verbal instructions, Interpersonal, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar/Spelling, Read/Comprehend written instructions, Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 09/02/2016