Director of Cardiopulmonary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 26760-549
Putnam Community Medical Center(PCMC), a 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Dr, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers a 10-bed Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
Director of Cardiopulmonary Rehab
* Support PCMC s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities
* Under the indirect supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the cardiopulmonary department and program. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards for all age groups of patients ranging from newborns to the elderly,
* Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
* Champion PCMC s mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
* Directs the operation of Respiratory Care, EEG, EKG and Sleep Lab. Including planning, revenue analysis, budgeting, education, and human resources management.
* Focuses clinical efforts to achieve best practice benchmarks in CV care.
* Works closely with Physicians, Nursing, and other clinical services across the organization to achieve program goals
* Represent cardiac services to the community, ensuring the provision of innovative community-based cardiac education and services.
* Responsible for developing and coordinating the department s strategic plan consistent with the hospital s strategic plans.
* Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies
* Ensures that professional staff is able to provide direct and indirect patient care and clinical services to the patient population.
* Provides leadership and promotes teamwork within Cardiopulmonary Services.
* Demonstrates commitment to tobacco cessation by documenting counseling and making discharge referrals as appropriate for patients that smoke.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
EDUCATION: Graduate of a formal training program for Respiratory Care; Bachelor s or Master s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience as a respiratory therapist and a minimum of three years Respiratory Therapy Management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, AND/OR REGISTRATION: RRT or CRTT, Licensed as Respiratory Therapist in the State of Florida, NBRC Registry, BLS, ACLS
OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Sound knowledge and skills including responsibility for management of a cardiopulmonary service; Experience in Information Technology implementation related to cardiopulmonary services. Must have excellent communication and leadership skills including the ability to direct multiple clinical departments within the organization. Must demonstrate knowledge of medical-legal and regulatory requirements. Must have strong customer service skills. Must have Inter- and intra-departmental coordination of patient care activities. Must be able to delegate skills required. Must have the ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential. Must have computer skills. Must have personal time management skills. Must be able to use Adept as a change agent. Must be able to utilizes wide range of theories in managing complex problems or problem resolution. Must demonstrate expertise related to the following required: Financial skills to include but not limited to interpretation of reports regarding department statistics, expenses, and revenues.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 09/02/2016