Director of Catering 9/14/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Utilizing creativity and a keen attention to detail, the Director of Catering assists groups in planning and executing meetings and celebrations at Omni. This person oversees the team of Catering Managers, providing them with the assistance, training and motivation needed to ensure that all groups receive the superior service they have come to expect from Omni Hotels & Resorts.
* Plans and coordinates a variety of large and small meetings and celebrations at Omni, treating each client as the VIP that they are.
* Clearly communicates each detail of the client s requests to colleagues in the appropriate department(s) to ensure that all requests are met as efficiently and the event is executed to the client s expectations.
* Plans, evaluates, organizes, and directs the activities of the Catering Managers and Catering Coordinator.
* Responsible for anticipating needs, forecasting results, analyzing and arranging work processes for personnel in the department.
* Provide the necessary training, motivation, and leadership for all department personnel.
* Ensures that all policies, procedures and guidelines are followed by department personnel.
* Assists in the hiring of all departmental personnel.
* Prepare performance goals and benchmarks for Catering Managers.
* Writes and delivers performance evaluations for all departmental personnel.
* Establishes and maintains rapport with outside purveyors, who provide services for the Hotel and its guests through the Catering Department.
* Establishes and maintains efficient office procedures to facilitate the smooth operation of the department.
* Ensures catering and banquet sales meet budgeted levels.
* Ensures smooth flow of information from Sales to Banquet Services and the Food & Beverage Division.
* Creates and maintains a good working relationship with the Banquet Manager to ensure a high level of comfort with Banquet operations.
* Position requires a minimum of four years progressive Catering experience, with at least two of these years in a leadership position. Large convention hotel experience strongly preferred.
* College degree preferred.
* Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff
* Able to set priorities for the Catering team and provide feedback to others that enhances performance.
* Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to delegate, effectively train, develop and motivate staff. Ability to effectively mentor key leadership and administrative positions.
* Must have proven selling, negotiating and presentation skills.
* Ability to communicate with guests and be able to direct/escort them to the various facilities and functions within the Hotel.
* Must be conversant with culinary techniques and food creativity. Knowledgeable in banquet set-ups and creativity in room decorations.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
* Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
* Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many guest requests/questions within a short period of time
* Highly developed customer service skills; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
* Developed computer proficiencies with ability to accurately input information into computer systems. Delphi experience required.
* The ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time. The ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull/carry up to 50lbs.
* The ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: