Director of Center for Rehab, PT/OP - IP 8/30/2016
The Woodlands, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Responsible for leadership, strategic direction, oversight, and coordination of the rehabilitation department which includes functions of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy. Regularly collaborates with Medical Staff, Hospital Leadership, and outside agents to collect and analyze hospital data, implement strategies and manage outcomes to provide cost effective, quality and safe healthcare delivery. The Director of Rehabilitation Services is responsible for the day to day coordination and oversight of all aspects of the rehabilitation services department.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
Provides personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
* Focuses on patient/customer safety
* Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
* Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
* Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
* Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
* Collaborate with Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital marketing and business development staff in developing a comprehensive plan to effectively market the Center for Rehabilitation facility and the services provided to the community and its physicians.
* Role models the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence).
SERVICE - 20%
* Responsible for customer service satisfaction. Investigates and resolves customer complaints in accordance with hospital policies, procedures and processes. Maintains a respectful, professional image and conduct during all customer contacts (patient, doctors, co-workers, etc.).
* Demonstrates ServicePRIDE standards ( Smile and make eye contact; greet each patient and visitor; seek out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honor diversity; thanks every customer.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
* Evaluation, planning, and implementation of new programs, policies and procedures, and educational programs to ensure excellence in quality patient care and patient satisfaction.
* Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
* Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
FINANCE - 20%
* Development of annual operational and capital budgets required to obtain goals established to provide for the needs of patients, physicians and staff.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
* Coordination with staff, supervisory leaders and management in the development and achievement of operational and strategic objectives and goals.
* Promotes a satisfied and competent employee work environment through establishing a climate of growth and challenge, completing timely performance appraisals, providing development and mentoring of supervisory leaders and staff.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
* Graduate of an accredited CollegeUniversity in a licensed field.
* Master s degree in Occupational Therapy and/or Physical Therapy preferred.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience practicing as a health care professional.
* Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in both inpatient and outpatient areas.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
* Current Texas licensure as Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapist preferred.
* Membership in professional organization related to job is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Ability to flex schedule to meet needs of the role.
* Knowledge of functional disciplines, managerial principles, processes and procedures.
* Skill in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
* Skill in coaching, counseling and developing the functional and supervisory skills of others.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel, management and physicians
* Ability to demonstrate leadership, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of JCAHO standards, current applicable federal and state regulations.
See attached ADA activities checklist.
Normal hospital environment; inside facility office and patient care areas; use of keyboard, computer, telephone; universal precautions to be used when appropriate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.