Director of Clinical Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
* Increase and maintain clinical affiliation agreements to support program enrollment and clinical objectives.
* Support the nursing departments to achieve graduation rates.
* Assist the DONs to monitor and assess quarterly NCLEX passage rates published by the National Council Licensure Examination organization to achieve a targeted rate of 90% or greater pass rate.
Educational Delivery, Content, Accreditation, and Licensure
* Facilitates the student s clinical experience.
* Work cohesively with the DONs to maintain program documentation to include clinical experiences for the students that align with clinical objectives for each course.
* Serve as a liaison in the clinical area and works closely with the Director of Nursing/faculty to resolve student issues.
* Develop and implement a process for clinical site contracting that ensures successful and long-term working relationships with facilities.
* Evaluate all clinical sites initially for availability of and appropriateness for student clinical experiences.
* Develop relationships, secure contracts and act as a liaison to the hospitals, home health agencies, skilled and intermediate care nursing facilities, adult day care, and child day care sites.
* Evaluate all clinical sites currently utilized each term and as needed to ensure positive relationships.
* Is knowledgeable of each facility s orientation process, policies and procedures.
* Conduct scheduled and unscheduled clinical visits on weekdays, evenings and weekends at clinical sites for evaluation of clinical site, patient care assignments, and adherence to policies and procedures.
* Assist DONs with evaluating faculty/students on rotation.
* Is knowledgeable about University policies and procedures.
* Meet weekly with the DONs and Campus President to plan for clinical site needs.
* Demonstrate professionalism at all times.
* Accept other assigned duties as necessary.
* Supervise/oversee the maintenance of clinical documentation to demonstrate delivery of clinical hours.
* Assists with and attends graduation ceremony
* Review student policies and handbook for appropriateness and make recommendations to the DONs as needed.
* Make recommendations to the Directors of Nursing for items to include in the budget.
* Maintain professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of a Bachelors Science degree in Nursing (Masters Degree preferred).
* Must hold an unencumbered current Registered Nursing license in the state. Five years experience in an acute care setting required and 2 years experience as a Nurse Manager or supervisor preferred. Previous contracting experience, a plus.
* Strong skills in priority setting, multi-tasking, and organization.
* Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with all levels of management, faculty and students.
* Computer literate with word processing and spreadsheets.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.