Director of Clinical Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00058-82982
The DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL OPERATIONS has the authority and responsibility to promote, advocate and support the nursing staff s primary commitment to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family, or community. The Director participates in formulating organizational policy; develops or reviews procedures essential to the achievement of objectives; develops, directs and insures the implementation of Standards of Nursing Practice and clinical services that promote optimum health care delivery. The Director is accountable for creating a system which fosters participation and collaboration, from all levels of staff, through clinical services in planning, implementing and evaluating standards to insure safe efficient and therapeutically effective health care.
Authority and responsibility to ensure that nursing staff participate in the design and provision of patient care according to the following functions:
* Lead, provide authority, accountability for and coordination of the nurse executive and clinical administrative functions.
* Define and support the hospital s mission, vision, values, goals and objectives by demonstrating concern for quality, patient safety, productivity and responsiveness by self and those managed.
* Plan, implement, revise and delegate nursing care with patient safety as the primary goal.
* Play an active role in advocating quality and patient safety.
* Promote recruitment, retention, continuing education, community involvement, and development of nursing staff members and evaluate the recruitment and retention program for clinical areas.
* Improve the quality of the products or services provided and implement methods to increase their efficiency and productivity.
* Support the philosophy of the Department of Nursing and promote the profession of nursing by articulating nursing values, maintaining the integrity of the profession and its practice and by striving to shape social policy.
* Participate in development and evaluation of professional practice by participating on unit and/or hospital committees, special projects and attendance at staff meetings and town halls.
* Actively participate in unit and/or hospital performance improvement activities.
* Master s degree in nursing or related field.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
* Texas RN license or compact license is accepted.
* National Specialty Certification preferred.
* 5 years of recent and progressive management.
* 5 years of administrative experience preferred.
Last Edited: 09/07/2016