Director of Clinical Service
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONNo Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
HERE\'S WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AS A DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES AT DAVITA:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Drive positive DQI trends within the division
* Participate in divisional CQI activities
* Monitor and report on AOR investigation process within the division
* Monitor implementation and report on company initiatives
* Identify issues that require the establishment of clinical Policies and Procedures or recommend modification to existing policies and procedures
* Data collation and reporting as requested
* Ensure that all new clinical teammates complete the appropriate DaVita Prep training program
* Ensure the timely completion of home hemodialysis and/or PD training
* Identify specific training needs within the division and implement action plans
* Direct the implementation of training materials/revisions from the national education team
* Identify and communicate professional development needs and ensure a continuing education program is in place
* Direct and provide on-going education support at the clinic level
* Ensure adherence to the DaVita compliance program
* Ensure that DaVita's training programs meet or exceed federal and/or state requirements
* Ensure that proper documentation is submitted when required to the appropriate regulatory agencies
* Provide oversight of the audit process(s) to ensure regulatory compliance and consistency in approach
* Assist in developing action plans and strategies for addressing deficiencies in partnership with operations management
* Ensure division's compliance with all laws, regulations and practice guidelines that impact nursing practice
* Ensure Right Person/Right Attitude/Right Job (RPRARJ) within Home Clinical Services Specialist and/or PD Trainer positions
* Provide coaching and leadership including effective performance feedback to Home Clinical
* Services Specialists and Clinical and/or PD Trainers
* Ensure the team provides support for and development of the Home Hemodialysis preceptors
* Participate as a member of the Division's Operations Management Team in development of strategic direction for division and ensure
* the development of outcome programs to support the direction
* Participate in the divisional operations review process and provide reports with analysis as requested
* Allocate resources according to divisional priorities
* Develop a collaborative and unified team
* Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered during projects
* Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates
* all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities
* within company and foster a positive work environment
* Hire, manage, and develop teammates to excel in their assigned roles in a team environment
* Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring,
* DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create
* professional development goal
* Provide strategic work direction for department teammates
* Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and
* other information necessary to maintain teammates' knowledge of department
* processes and goals
* Travel within the region (Greater Los Angeles to Central Coast) required
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN YOU JOIN OUR VILLAGE:
* A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
* Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
* Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
* Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
* A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
* Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
This position functions as the division's clinical lead - responsible for quality, education and nursing services. Responsible for the
implementation of programs to improve patient quality outcomes by providing training, education, project management and support for the clinical teammates within the assigned division.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
* Management and Leadership
* Teammate Management
* Provide leadership to direct reports (2-3)
* RN licensure required
* Nephrology / dialysis experience preferred
* Leadership experience and a track record of success building and leading teams strongly preferred (healthcare, business or military)
* Associate's degreerequired; Bachelor's degreepreferred
* Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required; proficiency in all DaVita clinical computer software and systems required within 90 days of employment or position change