Director of Clinical Services-Home Health-New Castle Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Christiana Care Health System
New Castle, DE
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Christiana Care VNA is the largest accredited home-health agency in Delaware. We are committed to helping Delawareans live independently, manage chronic diseases, understand and manage their medications and obtain home health care that is affordable and of the highest quality.
Christiana Care VNA is hiring a full time Director of Clinical Services to work out of our New Castle office.
As a Director of Clinical Nursing Services you will provide oversight to the nursing managers within the branch. This position serves as the primary linkage of home care clinical program development within the health system. This position reports directly to the Branch Director.
You will provide:
* clinical support and consultation to nursing managers related to clinical issues.
* develop and implement strategies to improve clinical outcomes and patient experience.
* implement approaches that will enhance patient activation and engagement and develop managers and staff to consistently utilize these techniques in care delivery.
* work with the Department of Quality and Education to develop supervisors and staff to gain greater expertise in home care science delivery.
* develop best practice care for home care services that align with care across the health system.
* represent VNA in clinical program design as needed.
* collaborate with clinical leadership in other branch locations to ensure care approach is consistent throughout agency.
* evaluate clinical component of performance of Nursing Managers.
* work with managers to develop strategies to recruit and retain nursing staff.
* perform assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; report to supervisor in a timely manner any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
* perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
* Frequent contacs with all levels of staff, patients, physicians and community.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
* You will provide direct supervision to nursing managers and oversee overall clinical service delivery in branch.
* You will report directly to the Branch Director and work closely with other senior agency leaders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Master's Degree in Nursing required.
* 3 years management or leadership experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of home care clinical program development principles and practices.
* Knowledge of strategies to improve clinical outcomes andn patient experience.
* Ability to develop and implement new programs.
* Ability to develop and operationally implement programs.
* Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and gain consensus.
* Ability to effectively problem solve.
* Ablilty to develop creative solutions to complex problems.
* Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
* Skill in verbal and written communications.
WORK SHIFT: Day shift, No Rotation
POSITION TYPE: Management
JOB REQUISITION #: 38149BR
ABOUT US: Christiana Care Health System is an Award Winning Warrior Friendly Business.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical, Home Care, Manager, Medical Research, Healthcare, Management Apply now
* Apply now
* Please wait...
Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.